Ok...Don't laugh..........

Help Support CattleToday:

Medic24

Reaction score
Ok, I admit it, I collect........I collect anything and everything..thus the need for sooo many barns.anyway, this dealer down the road traded in on a Belarus 250 AS some time ago, and can't seem to sell it.

I did some home work, and found that there are some parts for them around.........a bit expensive...but they are there.

Now the thing is....he tells me the only thing he knows is wrong with this thing, besides being a Belaruse tractor, is that it needs a new fuel injection pump....about $600 bucks........

He is asking only $500 bucks for the tractor that only has 129 hours on it!

Granted , it is NOT a JD, a Case, a Buta, a Massey, or the like, but at that price........ya know?

The tires look new, and at the very least I could strip them off........

What do ya'll think?

:?: :cboy:

My best friend has a Belarus. i tell you that thing is a work horse for sure. it doesnt complain about anything. i'm like the others you cant go wrong with any tractor that works for $1100. you cant buy a tractor to restore around here for a $1000. i would jump all over it.

Sounds awfully cheap.. how hard is that part to get? Also.. you'll notice he said "the only think he knows of that's wrong. Might not be a bad idea to take a mechanic to check it out. I bet the availability of parts is one reason it's cheap

Nowland Farms":1z4phhyg said:
If you want the tractor tell him to replace the injectors and you'll give him $1k if it runs well.

That's the correct answer. Put the risk on the seller so you know for sure what you're buying. $1100 for a tractor that runs fine is a whole different story than having $1100 into a tractor that still doesn't run right! Buyer beware.

If parts are hard to find, why not buy it for $500 and part it out on eBay.. Could make a killing..

Medic please do it. This has the makings of a story.
On the serious side. What could he get for the tractor if it was running? Are you comfortable with his machanic's diagnosis? Who knows it could be something easy as changing the filters?
I'd want the compression checked for sure.

Like someone else said here. If it is a $600 part, tell him to put it on and if it runs good you will give him the $1100. I can forsee a $1100 tractor setting at your place and it still doesn't run.

According to a Belarus dealer in Pa. if it is in good condition, it should sell for upwards of 4,500 bucks.....but I think i am gonna buy it, and I found a place that will rebuild the pump for half the cost of a new one.

And also at your advice...if all else fails.....part the thing out, and sell the parts that I know are good on the Ebay!

Thanks to all! :cboy:

Medic24":3tgvr2rb said:
According to a Belarus dealer in Pa. if it is in good condition, it should sell for upwards of 4,500 bucks.....but I think i am gonna buy it, and I found a place that will rebuild the pump for half the cost of a new one.

And also at your advice...if all else fails.....part the thing out, and sell the parts that I know are good on the Ebay!

Thanks to all! :cboy:

Hey Medic, keep us posted on how it works out.

Latest posts