Shh... Please don't tell anyone...

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
Ok... I drove a RAM 1500 with 5.7L Hemi for a friend hauling a tracked bobcat and I told him let me put it with my dually he said na man it will pull it fine. I get in im use to fords and comfort and dodge isn't comfortable to me but.. I started driving and that thing is a beast pulling a load I gotta give it to dodge for that ram 1500 pulling like that. I was impressed but still not going to buy one. :hide: :hide: :hide: :hide: :hide:

Our Ford F-Series
Thou drive on the roads
Hallowed by thy soul
Your Power Stroke comes
The Burnout happens
With Petrol as well as Diesel
Give us our daily Blue Oval
And Forgive us our fines
As we forgive the traffic courts
And do not send us to the Silverado
And deliver us from the Titans
Because yours is the power
and the pleasure forever

AMEN

Aaron":vo9tt37x said:
Our Ford F-Series
Thou drive on the roads
Hallowed by thy soul
Your Power Stroke comes
The Burnout happens
With Petrol as well as Diesel
Give us our daily Blue Oval
And Forgive us our fines
As we forgive the traffic courts
And do not send us to the Silverado
And deliver us from the Titans
Because yours is the power
and the pleasure forever

AMEN

I am a ford truck man for sure but I gotta give that ram some credit for pulling power.

Just did a 4k roundtrip in a 2007 3500 dually with the 6.7 Cummins, my first non Ford truck ever. Engine blows anything out of the water that Ford has ever used, but truck is a complete POS.

cfpinz":a7cx1jny said:
Just did a 4k roundtrip in a 2007 3500 dually with the 6.7 Cummins, my first non Ford truck ever. Engine blows anything out of the water that Ford has ever used, but truck is a complete POS.
Glad to see you didn;t change your tune about the POS between when you left and when you posted about it!
Great engine just a crappy box they put it in

dun":j9xcpg6i said:
cfpinz":j9xcpg6i said:
Glad to see you didn;t change your tune about the POS between when you left and when you posted about it!

I agree... I wish I could have the 5.7l engine in my fords with the 5.4L in them

lavacarancher":2ffg864m said:
Said it before. Cummins in a Ford chassis with a Allison transmission, perfect truck.

I'm still a Ford man at heart. But I'm starting to really like RAM trucks. Besides all the recalls - updates, out of our 3 RAM trucks since 2011 we've only had to bring one in for a fuel gauge sensor. But in all fairness that's in only 325,000 miles of use between the 3 trucks.
As soon as a RAM truck or dealer let's me down, I'm heading back to Ford. My 6.0 Ford really was a piece of junk and the service stunk worse.

True Grit Farms":973l8u8b said:
lavacarancher":973l8u8b said:
Said it before. Cummins in a Ford chassis with a Allison transmission, perfect truck.

I'm still a Ford man at heart. But I'm starting to really like RAM trucks. Besides all the recalls - updates, out of our 3 RAM trucks since 2011 we've only had to bring one in for a fuel gauge sensor. But in all fairness that's in only 325,000 miles of use between the 3 trucks.
As soon as a RAM truck or dealer let's me down, I'm heading back to Ford. My 6.0 Ford really was a piece of junk and the service stunk worse.

My 2004 Duramax has almost 300K miles on it with practically no work on it. I've been looking at Ford to replace it but might also consider Dodge. I test drove a Dodge 3500 w/Cummins and that son-of-a-gun had hair on its chest. Someone said it just didn't fit (wasn't comfortable) and that's kinda how I felt. My wife told me she would not sit in the back seat of the Fords. Gonna have trouble with any of them from time to time but the record on my GM is going to be hard to get around.

In the last 3 years we have put over a million miles on about 7 or 8 RAMs. Single wheels and duallys and both one tons and 3/4 ton. Put a transmission in a 2013 that had 250,000 rough, hard pulling miles on it. Other than that, we haven't done much to them. We've had the truck and trailer weigh around 50,000 several times and they just keep on pulling. I doubt I'll ever own a different kind of truck.

skyhightree1":2n6c3d2p said:
dun":2n6c3d2p said:
cfpinz":2n6c3d2p said:

I agree... I wish I could have the 5.7l engine in my fords with the 5.4L in them
Sky you're a pretty big guy and probably wouldn't fit but saw a commercial on tv the other night for the Nissan Titan with Cummins diesel in it. You might squeeze in

TexasBred":2iajsfcu said:
skyhightree1":2iajsfcu said:
dun":2iajsfcu said:

Sky you're a pretty big guy and probably wouldn't fit but saw a commercial on tv the other night for the Nissan Titan with Cummins diesel in it. You might squeeze in

:lol: They may have to build it around me... I also saw dodge had a 1500 with a diesel in it too.

Latest posts