Don't assume you have warranty

Help Support CattleToday:

Till-Hill

Reaction score
I have a 2010 6.7 Cummins. 85k on it. I had assumed I had warranty until 100k. Why I bought this truck when I did and only use on livestock trailer.
Made it this far with no issues at all really. Brakes were shot and needed couple u-joints. $900 fair enough. Been a good truck.
Repair shop calls your turbo is junk. $2,200 installed. That's horse s**t! They gave me customer service number and I called. Guy was real nice but nope nothing Chrysler will do about it.
I would have deleted this truck last year had I known no warranty.

Partially my fault, should have read fine print of 5 year/100k miles. Assumption was a bad idea this time.

Sometimes they fail to honor the warranty even when your time or miles has NOT expired. Those kind of unplanned expenses are nasty.

Lots of high dollar parts are considered 'consumables' or 'normal wear and tear' items and warranty doesn't cover them. If it's bolted on the outside of the engine or transmission, power train warranty generally doesn't cover it.
Found this out the hard way myself.. :bang: :bang:

Shop around on craigslist, Cumminsforum, etc for a turbo.. they really aren't hard to install, can often be had in good used condition for a few hundred bucks

What is wrong with the turbo anyhow?

Nesikep":s85t00rm said:
Shop around on craigslist, Cumminsforum, etc for a turbo.. they really aren't hard to install, can often be had in good used condition for a few hundred bucks

What is wrong with the turbo anyhow?
Couldn't tell you, I'm not a wrench man. They had to mail me the code list that come up with. All I heard from service guy a month ago when I lost power one day for a bit was turbo boost sensor was outside it's limits???

Dodge dealer wants $3,500 if my core is any good. Drove it home, seems fine. When you get after if check engine light comes on for few days then goes away.

I got a few guys around here that play with these trucks. Just both happen to be on vacation at the moment!

Thank you sir. Yes talked to one of them briefly and said he could do it a lot cheaper at home. He was going to shop around for a turbo too.

Worked for GM for years...when you talk to customer assistance...you gotta be stern apply pressure and don't knuckle under with them. I've seen them split cost mostly for parts,on some that had been out of warranty for awhile...its Their job to satisfy customers..

Ram don't care if they satisfy their customers or not. After the sale they are done with you. I've had them on the phone more than once and they wouldnt give anything to me.

Craig Miller":275lh2p6 said:
Ram don't care if they satisfy their customers or not. After the sale they are done with you. I've had them on the phone more than once and they wouldnt give anything to me.
Nope, guy was really nice an apologized time and time again. Before it was over I told him 10 times I was going to have to trade it and my wife's vehicles into local Chevy dealer.

Just got back from the 3rd option. Local shop says pull turbo off clean it up and run it. If I'm not going to spend the money to delete emission stuff. Couple hundred to clean it and should run for awhile.

Latest posts