OJ

Help Support CattleToday:

Alice":3mgo911p said:
I would bet he's considered a flight risk...I read something about one of his compadres saying OJ had money in offshore accounts.

Alice

We can't afford any more low speed chases in that white Bronco down interstate :lol: If he is in front of some of us, we might commit a crime ourselves. :lol:

backhoeboogie":hl2d8nqt said:
Alice":hl2d8nqt said:
I would bet he's considered a flight risk...I read something about one of his compadres saying OJ had money in offshore accounts.

Alice

We can't afford any more low speed chases in that white Bronco down interstate :lol: If he is in front of some of us, we might commit a crime ourselves. :lol:

Just watching it go on...and on...and on...over and over again made me think about throwing something at the TV. :lol:

Alice

Alice":3d6c55dw said:
backhoeboogie":3d6c55dw said:
Alice":3d6c55dw said:

Alice

Just watching it go on...and on...and on...over and over again made me think about throwing something at the TV. :lol:

Alice

You may be right about the flight risk. He hopped a plane and was arrested at the airport getting off of it last time. Then he did the stupid Bronco flee thing.

I am sure that since all this, it is worth something, but who collects OJ stuff anyway? I guess it would be like owning Jeffery Dahmer's underwear or something. They guy had the suit that OJ was wearing when he was acquitted.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime_f ... _loot.html

Update

Judge tells Goldmans to list O.J. loot

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DAILY NEWS STAFF

Tuesday, September 18th 2007, 3:54 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Print Email Suggest a Story

O.J. Simpson, shown being taken into custody Sunday, remains behind bars on armed robbery charges.

As O.J. Simpson cooled his heels in jail for another day, the family of murder victim Ron Goldman asked a judge today to hand them the sports collectibles the fallen football hero is accused of stealing in an armed hold-up.

The family, which has been trying for more than a decade to make Simpson pay the multimillion-dollar judgment from a wrongful death suit, also put in a request for the ex-NFL star's Rolex watch.

Appearing in court in Santa Monica, Calif., Goldman attorney David Cook said Simpson was "sitting on a treasure trove of sports memorability" while ignoring his debt.

But both Cook and Simpson lawyer Ronald Slates said they had no idea what the items were, and Slates argued it was unclear whether Simpson really owned any of them.

Simpson himself has said he does own the items - and was merely trying to retrieve his own property when he went to a Las Vegas hotel room with a group of men last week.

The memorabilia dealers who were relieved of their wares said Simpson and his associates robbed them at gunpoint. Almost all the items taken were collectibles from Simpson's own career.

The judge gave the Goldmans a week to come up with an inventory of the sports items in question and also said they could collect Simpson's watch and have it appraised.

Cox said the Rolex, which he saw in a photo on the celebrity news web site TMZ.com, must have cost at least $5,000.

Simpson was acquitted in 1995 of killing his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ron Goldman, but a civil jury later found him liable for their slashing deaths.

Simpson, 60, remained in the Clark County, Nev., Detention Center on six felonies, including two counts of robbery with use of a deadly weapon. If convicted, he could face up to 30 years in prison on each robbery count.

He was expected to be arraigned Wednesday. His lawyer said he would seek to have Simpson released on his own recognizance.

Police sought an arrest arrant today for another suspect, Michael McClinton, 49, and were looking for two other men whose identities had not been made public.

Clarence Stewart, 53, of Las Vegas, surrendered to police yesterday to face charges in the case.

Meanwhile, another man charged with Simpson said he thought the ex-athlete turned actor have been set up.

Walter Alexander said the memorabilia dealer who tipped off Simpson about the collectibles' location also recorded everything on tape - including an expletive-laden tirade from Simpson.

"It sounds like a setup to me," Alexander, 46, told ABC's "Good Morning America" today.

"He did believe that he was going to retrieve his own property," Alexander said.

One of the alleged robbery victims was hospitalized after suffering chest pains yesterday, doctors said. Bruce Fromong had spoken publicly about the hotel incident, saying he was stunned by what he described as a "commando-style" raid.

"O.J.'s in enough trouble and for him to come and do this kind of thing ... I don't know what's wrong with O.J., it's stupidity!" Fromong told celebrity news site TMZ.com on Friday.

With News Wire Services

Digg Del.icio.us Newsvine Reddit Furl Stumble Upon Related ArticlesEnraged O.J. shouts orders in recording of Vegas holdup
O.J. friend admits goading Simpson into robbery
Past may catch up with O.J. Simpson

Speaking of Dahmer maybe when he gets convicted the rest of the jail population will take care of OJ the same way.

TNMasterBeefProducer":217fnije said:
I think oj simpson is a murderer and a low life scum bag and I do not condone any of his actions. However, how many people do you know that carry tape recorders around with them every where? In fact how many do you know are wired? I would say fred goldman or the police put that fella (RICCIO) up to it. You know he got paid. I think that he might actually get out of this now because of that fact.

I agree. The whole thing sounds like a setup to me. Wake me up when it's over and tell me what happened. ;-)

I saw the Goldman's were denied posession of the "OJ" memorabalia. Wonder if the Judge is denying them these items to see if the Goldman's are in any way involved with the case?After all, the items in question were to have been awarded to them as part of the Civil Death suit.

Honest, though. If you were someone with as much noteriety as OJ, would you not try to keep your nose clean and stay out of all this trouble? Am I overestimating here? He's gotta know that he's under the microscope all the time.

Lammie":1owlva7t said:
Honest, though. If you were someone with as much noteriety as OJ, would you not try to keep your nose clean and stay out of all this trouble? Am I overestimating here? He's gotta know that he's under the microscope all the time.
Lammie, You'd think the boy would have more sense.There have been several "incidents" since his murder aquittal, ranging from theft of Direct TV signals, to fights, at his residence.I think trouble and scandals will always haunt him.He's as sorry as they come.

Crowderfarms":38i4cr7d said:
Lammie":38i4cr7d said:
Lammie, You'd think the boy would have more sense.There have been several "incidents" since his murder aquittal, ranging from theft of Direct TV signals, to fights, at his residence.I think trouble and scandals will always haunt him.He's as sorry as they come.

If some one can get away with murder, literally, stealing something seems trivial. He's above the law in his own mind. Think about it. He had already justified his actions mentally when he said, "I conducted my own sting operation...."

Simpson is charged with conspiracy to commit kidnapping, conspiracy to commit robbery, burglary with a deadly weapon, coercion with a deadly weapon, and two counts each of robbery with a deadly weapon, kidnapping with a deadly weapon and assault with a deadly weapon. He is also charged with conspiracy to commit a crime, a misdemeanor.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... eheadlines

I think the judge who gets this one will have something to prove.OJ will be going away for a long time.

hillsdown":3fnkwut7 said:
Simpson is charged with conspiracy to commit kidnapping, conspiracy to commit robbery, burglary with a deadly weapon, coercion with a deadly weapon, and two counts each of robbery with a deadly weapon, kidnapping with a deadly weapon and assault with a deadly weapon. He is also charged with conspiracy to commit a crime, a misdemeanor.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... eheadlines

I think the judge who gets this one will have something to prove.OJ will be going away for a long time.

Don't bet on the "going away for a long time" just yet.
Police have loaded up the charges here, and in the end most charges will get bargained away.

On the other hand, the justice industry has a major issue with OJ and Will devote a lot of resources to this prosecution.

He is already spending time in jail, so I take some pleasure from that.

The Goldmans seem determined to give up the moral high ground and wallow in the mud for money. Why that book is seeing the light of day is beyond me.

john250":29p8vc71 said:
The Goldmans seem determined to give up the moral high ground and wallow in the mud for money. Why that book is seeing the light of day is beyond me.

I haven't read the Goldmans' rationale, but on the face of it, it is really disappointing.

Alice

Let's just hope that this doesn't take up 10 minutes of news coverage every night for the next couple of years. Paris, Pamela, or Brittany is enough celebrity dirty laundry already.

I agree with Lammie 100%. You would think he would go somewhere and sit his behind down and stay out of trouble. He should have gone to the police if he had anything stolen.
However I do beleive because he didn't get convicted of the murderes I feel that would play a role in this trail and it shouldn't.
I feel he should get what he deserves!! He got away with murder now its coming around to bite him in the @#$!!

Alice":1pjpvxhi said:
john250":1pjpvxhi said:

I haven't read the Goldmans' rationale, but on the face of it, it is really disappointing.

Alice

I think the Goldmans should not have released the book, I think it makes them look bad, and greedy to say the least. I know their son was murdered can't change that, but I think over the years they have gotten more bitter, and thats not a good way for anyone to be.

GMN

I'm hoping the backlash will do him in this time. The evidence in the murder case was overwhelming, yet he walked away. Don't say much for our criminal justice system.

But now we have a second chance...............

GMN":3653vaov said:
Alice":3653vaov said:
john250":3653vaov said:

Alice

I think the Goldmans should not have released the book, I think it makes them look bad, and greedy to say the least. I know their son was murdered can't change that, but I think over the years they have gotten more bitter, and thats not a good way for anyone to be.

GMN

This is just supposition on my part, but I wonder if the Goldman's intent on making OJ pay one way or the other. I mean maybe they figure he got away with murder, so by dang, he is not gonna get away without paying what was ordered in civil court.

When I took victimology at UTA, the prof keep harping on the need to forgive the perpetrator. I finally got tired of listening to that and asked WHY should people that had been victimized offer any forgiveness to the victimizor. She told me that I was looking at the forgiveness angle from the way we were taught in Sunday School. She said that forgiving the person meant letting the misery go...no longer giving the victimizor anymore power over them. She said it was like forgiving a debt...why keep staying angry when you're not gonna get repaid. That made much more sense to me.

The problem with what the Goldmans are doing is that they are really re-victimizing themselves.

Just my 2 cents, now. :)

Alice

Alice":234xkkzf said:
The problem with what the Goldmans are doing is that they are really re-victimizing themselves.

I think you're right on this point. It looks like to me they are so determined to be a thorn in O J's side to get back at him, that they are probably ruining their own lives.

Side question - Did O J really say as a joke, "I though what happened in Vegas stayed in Vegas?" I heard that talked about on the radio one day, haven't heard it talked about anywhere else.

CUZ":1wmgeb55 said:
Alice":1wmgeb55 said:

I think you're right on this point. It looks like to me they are so determined to be a thorn in O J's side to get back at him, that they are probably ruining their own lives.

Side question - Did O J really say as a joke, "I though what happened in Vegas stayed in Vegas?" I heard that talked about on the radio one day, haven't heard it talked about anywhere else.

I thought that came from one of the attorneys that lost the murder case against him...like Chris Darden...or maybe it was Judge Ito...and maybe I don't remember correctly... :lol:

Alice

Latest posts