OJ

Help Support CattleToday:

CUZ":2pxc2rcw said:
Side question - Did O J really say as a joke, "I though what happened in Vegas stayed in Vegas?"

Thanks to the judge, maybe O J will indeed stay in Vegas :lol:

Alice":2s4yyn4t said:
GMN":2s4yyn4t said:
Alice":2s4yyn4t said:
john250":2s4yyn4t said:
The Goldmans seem determined to give up the moral high ground and wallow in the mud for money. Why that book is seeing the light of day is beyond me.

I haven't read the Goldmans' rationale, but on the face of it, it is really disappointing.

Alice

I think the Goldmans should not have released the book, I think it makes them look bad, and greedy to say the least. I know their son was murdered can't change that, but I think over the years they have gotten more bitter, and thats not a good way for anyone to be.

GMN

This is just supposition on my part, but I wonder if the Goldman's intent on making OJ pay one way or the other. I mean maybe they figure he got away with murder, so by dang, he is not gonna get away without paying what was ordered in civil court.

When I took victimology at UTA, the prof keep harping on the need to forgive the perpetrator. I finally got tired of listening to that and asked WHY should people that had been victimized offer any forgiveness to the victimizor. She told me that I was looking at the forgiveness angle from the way we were taught in Sunday School. She said that forgiving the person meant letting the misery go...no longer giving the victimizor anymore power over them. She said it was like forgiving a debt...why keep staying angry when you're not gonna get repaid. That made much more sense to me.

The problem with what the Goldmans are doing is that they are really re-victimizing themselves.

Just my 2 cents, now. :)

Alice

I could not agree more. Just last night I said to my husband, look at the time they have given to this hate driven mission. There's no peace to be had when you are consumed with hate and anger and they only have so much time allotted to them, to be used wisely or squandered.