Off to Dallas...

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Assuming my name isn't on the no fly list I'm off to Dallas today. Never been there so it will be interesting to see.

Jogeephus":1al4x72o said:
Assuming my name isn't on the no fly list I'm off to Dallas today. Never been there so it will be interesting to see.

If you find anything interesting to see,let me know what it is. I've been looking for something interesting to see in Dallas for 50 years! Even the Dallas Cowboys have ceased to be "interesting" - and you have to go to Arlington to see them now!

Edited to add: And I hope you're not referring to Dallas, GA! :lol:

George

Herefords.US":3tf5ot46 said:
Jogeephus":3tf5ot46 said:

If you find anything interesting to see,let me know what it is. I've been looking for something interesting to see in Dallas for 50 years! Even the Dallas Cowboys have ceased to be "interesting" - and you have to go to Arlington to see them now!

George
What about those Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders? I saw them on the television. Seems like they would be interesting . :nod:

Herefords.US":3giexyal said:
Jogeephus":3giexyal said:

George
yep and you used to have to go to Irving to see them

Angus Cowman":1xx4gkee said:
Herefords.US":1xx4gkee said:
Jogeephus":1xx4gkee said:

George
yep and you used to have to go to Irving to see them
OR to the county jail. :cowboy:

You might want to visit the sixth floor museum in downtown Dallas. Very interesting and a lot of history. Hope you bring lots of rain with you. Have a safe trip and enjoy Texas.

papavillars":1tiorauz said:
You might want to visit the sixth floor museum in downtown Dallas. Very interesting and a lot of history. Hope you bring lots of rain with you. Have a safe trip and enjoy Texas.

Hope I brought enough rain to suit you? Looks like its gonna follow me back home. Hay is "supposed" to be on the ground so I can bale it Sunday but ..... I haven't heard the excuse yet so I don't know why it isn't just know it isn't. Rain should get here Monday.

Did visit the museum and it was interesting. Saw where Kennedy was shot as well. Answered a lot of questions I had about this too. Don't believe what I've heard on the television about a "hard shot". Heck, my daughter could make that shot.

Herefords.US":1tiorauz said:
If you find anything interesting to see,let me know what it is. I've been looking for something interesting to see in Dallas for 50 years!

Found a couple of things that were interesting. Seems in Dallas if you can't reach a consensus on what to name a road you just use all three names. Seems in Dallas, unlike the rest of modern civilization the right hand lane is the fast lane and the left is the slow lane. Seems like when in doubt folks in Dallas just build a bridge.

Also didn't see many birds but did see a lot of black birds that had a funny whistle. Sounded about like someone blowing into a straw. Any ideas on the type bird? Just interested.

Don't know if they were cheerleaders or not but it appeared ya'll had the good genetic stock for making cheerleaders but they did look a bit high maintenance to me. I don't think Crowder would have been too impressed though due to their low pelvic scores.

I think you are referring to a Grackle.
240px-Quiscalus-quiscula-001.jpg

City birds that like to poop 50 cent size spots on cars (especially the ones parked under shade trees). :shock: Darn things are taking over the country side now too.

Hope y'all had a good time in the Big D.

We got pleny of pigeons and plenty of black birds but nothing like this one. Of course I only saw pigeons and grackles in Dallas. Nothing else other than cars, cars and more cars.

Latest posts