ODORLESS SKUNK REMOVAL

Help Support CattleToday:

Idaman

Reaction score
A neighbor had a family of skunks move in under his house. Evidently the skunks weren't a happy couple as they argued and sprayed each other quite a bit. He got fed up but knew they would stink no matter what on removal, So he came up with the bright idea to ether them with starting fluid and then remove them when they were under the anesthesia.

He bought several cans of starting fluid and crawled under the house to ether them. After a few minutes his wife could no longer hear him spraying the ether and he failed to anwser when she called his name. She finally dragged him out into the open air and he soon recovered but decided to try a different approach to evicting the skunks.

Last I heard the skunks were still in residence under his house. :clap: :clap:

At least he's not a smoker. But sounds like he was smokin' something with an idea like that. Surely your putting us on!

danbrady":3nxz6t8t said:
At least he's not a smoker. But sounds like he was smokin' something with an idea like that. Surely your putting us on!

I don't think I am putting you on. Our daughter in law who is the local associate postmistess heard about the incident on Sat. and swears it was someone close to the situation who told her. The little postoffice is news central around here.

That sounds too crazy to not be true. Had some druggies break in to my father's office and steal a tank of nitrous oxide and took it joy riding. Police found them in their car resting against a tree sleeping like babies.

Idaman":3v9rgkgj said:
A neighbor had a family of skunks move in under his house. Evidently the skunks weren't a happy couple as they argued and sprayed each other quite a bit. He got fed up but knew they would stink no matter what on removal, So he came up with the bright idea to ether them with starting fluid and then remove them when they were under the anesthesia.

He bought several cans of starting fluid and crawled under the house to ether them. After a few minutes his wife could no longer hear him spraying the ether and he failed to anwser when she called his name. She finally dragged him out into the open air and he soon recovered but decided to try a different approach to evicting the skunks.

Last I heard the skunks were still in residence under his house. :clap: :clap:

My uncle and I used to coon hunt every nite the season was open. Once he had a 5 month old blue tick pup that would tree every armadillo that he came across. We tried every thing we could think of, to break this dog from treeing armadillos. Well someone told him to spray ether (starting fluid) in the armadillo's hole and the dog wouldn't like the smell and would leave them alone.

He put a can of starting fluid in his hunting coat and we went hunting. That nite, as with every nite, the pup treed (bayed) a armadillo in a hole in the ground. Only this hole was in the side of a steep over grown river bank with at least a 60 degree grade. I watched as my uncle made his way down the bank hanging on to every sapling and vine he could grab, to keep from falling in the river. When he got to the dog, he held on to a sapling with one hand and reached in the pouch of hunting coat with the other and got the can. He leaned over and sprayed it in the hole and the armadillo shot out of the hole like being shot out of a cannon, hit my uncle dead in the chest. Simultaneously the dog, the armadillo, and he, went in the river. He crawled out on the bank, still clenching to the can and mumbling words that would make a sailor blush, turned around and threw the can across the river, lost his balance and back in the river he went. I thought it was, and still do, the funniest thing I have ever saw. He didn't think it was that funny at the time, but we laugh about it allot now.

Latest posts