now i got a skunk

Help Support CattleToday:

dieselbeef

Reaction score
diggin up the grubs in the backyard..looks like a mess o hogs went thru there...

dog got hit a week or so ago...now i see the yard all dug up and some small scat piles...faint smell also...

dang it..gotta git a trap

I had one in a trap once. It wasn't a good experience.

As a matter of fact, I don't ever remember anything related to a skunk being a good experience.

i didnt know a skunk would dig like an armadillo or a hog rooting...this thing is eating up my yard...but i aint seen it yet..even in the night...and the dog aint messin with it

dieselbeef":6stj960g said:
i didnt know a skunk would dig like an armadillo or a hog rooting...this thing is eating up my yard...but i aint seen it yet..even in the night...and the dog aint messin with it
If you haven;t seen it how do you know it's a skunk?

dun":2ohyuvzf said:
dieselbeef":2ohyuvzf said:
If you haven;t seen it how do you know it's a skunk?

Pretty simple,you can smell the evidence :lol2: :lol2:

Cal

smelled it..dog got it last week..seen the poop...and the type of hole..its a skunk..mayb hell move on...im thinkin 223 head shot

dieselbeef":3a8xpmnn said:
smelled it..dog got it last week..seen the poop...and the type of hole..its a skunk..mayb be nice move on...im thinkin 223 head shot

Might work diesel; blow his brains out before he thinks of his squirter.

Angus Cowman":1642xlqz said:
dieselbeef":1642xlqz said:
unfortunately..everything purges when it dies :cry2: :help:
not neccessarily shot one last month that never squirted

use a live trap and cover it with a tarp after catching it place the trap in a barrel and fill with water to euthanize the critter

AC I am not sayin that won't work but I will testify under oath that it unleashes many possibilities for failure and most of them end very badly.

you needn't ask me how I know.

i figured to either spray it with the hose til its out of fluid and then throw it in the pond til tomorrow if i catch it ..its gonna be a tad upset either way

the smell will leave the yard in a day or 2 if i gotta do that

I use a small animal trap covered on the top and two sides with thin sheet metal. That way when you move em to the water trough or where ever, they don't know what's going on and don't get scared. I've caught lots of them and have never had one spray. Use sardines or something similar for bait. If cats are near, substitute an egg for bait instead.

I caught one in a live trap using peanut butter and jelly, looking for squirrels. go figure.

we got alotta cats too...

wife saw the skunk this morning....its pretty good sized..told her she should have floored it and at least took a shot at it...she didnt wanna stink up her truck she said... :lol: :roll:

anyways....peanut butter or some canned tuna i think tonite..dog food didnt work the last 2 nites...

yard looks like crap...ill git em

gary

I alwasy used a havaheart trap. A brain shot with a 410 shotgun and #6s will stop them from getting a squirt out but they will leak just a tad. But at least it's on the ground and not in the air. Even in a trap if you approach them slowly and stand back 10-25 feet they don;t get all that spun up and want to spray anyway.

I'm reporting every one of you to the skunk police but I am having trouble finding one :lol: :lol:
Try to shoot them in the back to break the spine and they can't spray then.

ROCKSPRINGS":9v2dg7va said:
I'm reporting every one of you to the skunk police but I am having trouble finding one :lol: :lol:

Now there's an idea for you DB, Get that sucker in a live trap and call PETA to come rescue it.

Heck, I might try to start trapping them down on the farm.

Latest posts