Noticed, Also

Help Support CattleToday:

jw

Reaction score
Have you noticed on your credit card due dates how they are becoming due on the weekends or holidays? May want to keep an eye on them. I've notice it over the last month or so, and noticed today that I have one due on Wednesday the 11th, which the bank will be closed for the holiday, but I will fool them and pay it at the bank tomorrow morning. Coincidences - I don't think so. :mad:

jw":2cx0kwg4 said:
Have you noticed on your credit card due dates how they are becoming due on the weekends or holidays? May want to keep an eye on them. I've notice it over the last month or so, and noticed today that I have one due on Wednesday the 11th, which the bank will be closed for the holiday, but I will fool them and pay it at the bank tomorrow morning. Coincidences - I don't think so. :mad:

All things being equal, and if you have credit card debt, your credit rating will increase if you always pay 10 days prior to due date. Instead of 30 days free use of the money (no interest), shoot for 20 days. Just a little trick. Proceed.

jw":b10168z4 said:

No, but I have noticed ACH electronic deposits to one bank in particular are now taking longer than anytime in the past. Really sucks when payment date falls on Saturday and funds don't get posted till Tuesday.

Same thing happens to due dates on credit card bills. Don't have a clue what they are on mine. When ever I get a bill I write a check and pay it. ;-)

The due dates seem to be kind of variable. A couple of mine that had been due on the 15th suddenly changed to the 10th without any warning. Probably happened about the same time as the interest rate change from 9% to 30%. Must be all that credit card reform.

All in all, probably quite a little moneymaker for Citibank, etc., if people are not paying attention. I'm thinking the CEOs probably need another few million $ bonus.

Latest posts