Nothing Special but what do you think?

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
This is a bull calf I picked up from a guy down the road. He doesn't have papers or any big parentage. I just liked the way he looked and the price was right. His breeding supposed to be a little angus a little sim and a little Chi. What do you think?

IMG_0242.JPG

denoginnizer":wnxx83p5 said:
I think thats a pretty nice stand of grass.

Absolutely.

I can't see enough of the bull to tell much of anything myself, but that grass looks really nice. Bet he was happy to see it.

I've got to agree - very nice stand of grass, but can't really tell much about the calf.

I like his looks. Are you sure he's a bull, though :?: The grass is nice, too, but I'm not too envious. Since we got rain, we've got grass, too. :D

What I think is that everything in life is relative to price. Actually, I guess it's more about quality, price and value. If you paid "X" for the bull - then okay but if you paid "10X", then that might be different - depending on the value of "X".

If a train leaves Chicago heading south....
Sorry, the brain is crispy today, nice bull + good grass!!

Nice bull,good grass--put mix cows on grass with bull and see what you get..

Bullbuyer":17zvby38 said:
What I think is that everything in life is relative to price. Actually, I guess it's more about quality, price and value. If you paid "X" for the bull - then okay but if you paid "10X", then that might be different - depending on the value of "X".

If a train leaves Chicago heading south....
Sorry, the brain is crispy today, nice bull + good grass!!

If I had 1000 X, I probably wouldn't worry much about 10 X. But if I had that grass with no X, I might be smiling.

He looks pretty good so far from that angle. We would need some other angles to get a better evaluation. He does have a butt on him though. Kind of has a cluby bull look to him, and the breeding seems to fit also.

aplusmnt":24e6pj8t said:
He looks pretty good so far from that angle. We would need some other angles to get a better evaluation. He does have a butt on him though. Kind of has a cluby bull look to him, and the breeding seems to fit also.

perhaps he has a big butt from all that grass he is eating :roll: ;-) :cboy:

not that I know much but a nice looking animal. :lol:

Thanks for your comments. I kinda got him for less than $600. Did some work for a guy and I refused payment. Kinda his way of making things right in his eyes I think. I like his butt.
Am going to put him on some crossed up cows and heiffers. I don't have any pure bloods except for hereford bulls. Just wanted to do a little experimenting.

Tried to post another picture butt for some reason it won't upload. Everything says it uploaded but it won't make it to the processing portion. Any ideas?

Yeah, your probably right. I still like his frame and expecially his hind quarters. Lines could be better but what the heck.

Latest posts