Not Politics, but.......

Help Support CattleToday:

I think Hilery running in '08 would be the best news republicans could get. That should ensure that the democrats wouldn't get the white house in '08 either.

If the democrats want a chance at the white house in '08, they need to understand that their platform of liberalism, immorality, and catering to the special interest groups won't fly with the majority of America. Their message of "vote for me because I'll put more $$$ in your pocket" isn't enought either.

Putting up the next democrat in line form the "washington machine" won't appeal to America any better than Kerry did.

Republicans, on the other hand, have to be smart about who they run too. You have run someone with a little more charisma than a pet rock (remember Dole).

Just my 2 cents. :)

txag":3ir9al51 said:
Demo nominations for '08: Hilary + Barack Obama (new Senator from Illinois)
That would suit me just fine, txag. I'm sure this is bound to stir the pot, but it has nothing to do with intelligence or qualifications----I'm just not really sure this country is ready for a woman President. I am pretty sure that the rest of the world is not ready for the United States to be led by a woman. I agree with the premise that we don't care what they think, but only on one condition. The condition that we are perceived as strong! Keep in mind that my opinion is based on their perception, not reality!

Texan":37l6bio3 said:
That would suit me just fine, txag. I'm sure this is bound to stir the pot, but it has nothing to do with intelligence or qualifications----I'm just not really sure this country is ready for a woman President. I am pretty sure that the rest of the world is not ready for the United States to be led by a woman. I agree with the premise that we don't care what they think, but only on one condition. The condition that we are perceived as strong! Keep in mind that my opinion is based on their perception, not reality!

Texan, unfortunately i have to agree with you. i'm definitely a believer of "anything boys can do girls can do better" and i have no doubt that a woman could fill the job of presidency as well if not better than a man if she only had to deal with the issues of the US and countries who share our ideals and beliefs. but......i'm just not sure that countries like Iraq & Afghanistan who view women as less than men would take the negotiations or threats of a woman seriously. i agree that in their minds it might make the US appear weaker & more vulnerable to attacks.

on the other hand.....if we were to elect a woman, i could definitely think of better candidates and representatives than Hillary Clinton!

Hehe.. y'all are worse than the political TV commercials.. that started, what, four or five months before the election? I'm going to enjoy the next four years, and worry about it, say late 2007. A LOT can happen between now and then..

txag":1olcakcv said:
Demo nominations for '08: Hilary + Barack Obama (new Senator from Illinois)
Obama is burning a lot of fuel now,but we'll see if there's anything there long term. He is a college professor that says a lot of things that his constituents want to hear. Sometimes it seems like the switch from the academic world to the outside doesn't go real well. Time will tell if he is what I think he is.

txag":27af6aig said:
Texan":27af6aig said:

Texan, unfortunately i have to agree with you. i'm definitely a believer of "anything boys can do girls can do better" and i have no doubt that a woman could fill the job of presidency as well if not better than a man if she only had to deal with the issues of the US and countries who share our ideals and beliefs. but......i'm just not sure that countries like Iraq & Afghanistan who view women as less than men would take the negotiations or threats of a woman seriously. i agree that in their minds it might make the US appear weaker & more vulnerable to attacks.

on the other hand.....if we were to elect a woman, i could definitely think of better candidates and representatives than Hillary Clinton!

txag, I have to agree with you 100% on this one.

What really irritates me is that Obama has to be the African-American senator from Illinois. What's wrong with just being a senator from Illinois?

fit2btied":fvc87531 said:
What really irritates me is that Obama has to be the African-American senator from Illinois. What's wrong with just being a senator from Illinois?

If they were to call Kerry the White Senator from Mass. All hell would break loose. Kinda like the NAACP why is it okay for them to form an organization for black eople but if the white poeple did it then its called racisium.

this is a sore spot with me nowadays.... I'm friends with quite a few black people and have nothing against them, but if they wanna be called african-american I better be called euro or caucasion American. JMO

Latest posts