Not one in 92 days

Help Support CattleToday:

Joy in Texas

Reaction score
Well,so far so good . Not one cigarette in 92 days. In my cigarette savings jar I had 940.00 So to celebrate this what I bought me....
4-24-07002.jpg

A jersey? :shock:

Only kidding...she's a nice looking jersey... :)

Alice

Good work Joy, it can be done, i woke up one morning an said , i.am not going to smoke today,
That was 6 years ago.

That's great. Haven't had one since December 28th. I really wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, but man, every few days it hits me and I really want to smoke again. I just do something else, though.

Thanks all... The jersey is a 3-4 yr old pg with her 2nd calf. Which I much rather have her.
Gate Opener her name isn't Clover, Why? I named her Shelley.
It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be to quit. My brother brought me some of his patches. Oh man they made me sick. I just stopped and so far so good.Lammie, I do the same thing,but staying really busy helps alot.
I have a whole group of friends that have decided to quit as well. They decided if I can do it so can they.

Crowderfarms":2pir0ugv said:
Congratulations all you Ex-Smokers. I've not even thought about a smoke since December 28th. Wish I had quit years ago.
Alright Crowder Congratulations to YOU too.

Well done all of you, for quitting the weed....and that Jersey looks a pretty one, they do have such cute faces. Jersey milk can't beat it. Nearly every field in Jersey had at least one Cow in it. potatoes and cows was all I saw in the fields but Oh! such a beautiful Island.

Joy, I saw one for sale on Craigslist and wanted her but husband said no way. She gives 5 gal of milk/day. He is right, it would be a lot of work. Anyway her name was Clover. I thought maybe you saw her and bought her.

chrisy":11kryvkn said:
Well done all of you, for quitting the weed....and that Jersey looks a pretty one, they do have such cute faces. Jersey milk can't beat it. Nearly every field in Jersey had at least one Cow in it. potatoes and cows was all I saw in the fields but Oh! such a beautiful Island.

Who said anything about smoking "weed" ? JK I really need to quit, its just hard to "want" to alot of times, I'm just so accustomed to cigs being a part of alot of the things I do, like drinking coffee, after a nice meal, waking up, etc.

Good for you....
Funny how much you notice the smell when you quit...you notice it from across the road and on folks that walk past you.
Great to smell like a heifer on fresh pasture. Food tastes better too. And a good way to build a herd.
Congrats....DMc

Cow_Town":2i6xvtpu said:
chrisy":2i6xvtpu said:

Who said anything about smoking "weed" ? JK I really need to quit, its just hard to "want" to alot of times, I'm just so accustomed to cigs being a part of alot of the things I do, like drinking coffee, after a nice meal, waking up, etc.

sorry CB, forgot things are refered to differently across the pond, ordinary tobbaco is refered to as weed here in slang, forgot you use it for only drugs terminology, it's for both here.
as you may have seen in past posts they are also refered to as 'Fags' and another one is 'Coffin Nails'

Gate Opener":zyhcex65 said:
Joy, I saw one for sale on Craigslist and wanted her but husband said no way. She gives 5 gal of milk/day. He is right, it would be a lot of work. Anyway her name was Clover. I thought maybe you saw her and bought her.

LOL, no I didn't see her there. Wow , 5 gallons of milk a day. I'm sure my husband would have said heck no too. The man I bought her from had an older cow there. My gosh the poor ol thing had a huge bag on her. He had like 5 calves on her.
Shelley doesn't have any milk yet. She's not due for a couple of months. So I'm just letting her get use to the place and me for now.

Latest posts