Not liking Burger King right now

Help Support CattleToday:

TennesseeTuxedo said:
greybeard said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
It's just business. Nothing personal.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/02/beyond-meat-ipo.html
Almost everyone, has their price I guess. I won't be investing in that one, no matter how good a future it may have, but there sure is a demographic that will.

I won't and never have used marijuana but I own stock in a company called Innovative Industrial Properties, Inc. It has gone from $35 a share last summer to over $90 recently. I wish I could have gotten in on Beyond Meat but I wasn't astute enough.

Some folks will do anything for a dollar. I learned a long time ago to not value money over self-esteem.

True Grit Farms said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
greybeard said:
Almost everyone, has their price I guess. I won't be investing in that one, no matter how good a future it may have, but there sure is a demographic that will.

I won't and never have used marijuana but I own stock in a company called Innovative Industrial Properties, Inc. It has gone from $35 a share last summer to over $90 recently. I wish I could have gotten in on Beyond Meat but I wasn't astute enough.

Some folks will do anything for a dollar. I learned a long time ago to not value money over self-esteem.

Lol, knew that was coming and from whom.

Yes, I'll make legal, legitimate business investments. I will not smuggle contraband nor break any laws domestic or international. Won't cheat on my taxes either.

Burger King is supposedly on the verge of bankruptcy (so says my wife!) and desperate to try anything to get back market share in the fast food wars. They have closed a handful of locations in the region where I live and a couple of the other outlets have reduced business hours (probably due to the fact that they can't find employees, which is an issue in Oregon for service industry businesses) and their facilities are in need of remodels/upgrades/updates/etc. These are not great times for Burger King.

They also own that Canadian coffee shop franchise..Tim Hortons I believe it is. They have some sort of cultish like fan base following..

My biggest gripe with this is that you shouldn't have to disparage someone else's product in order to market your own.

In terms of the environmental angle some are taking on this, we in the livestock industry need to be telling the true facts. Yes, cows emit methane, a greenhouse gas. But, the factories that are processing these lab-grown foods and fake plant burgers are going to be running on electricity which by and large has a huge carbon footprint (another greenhouse gas).

So both real beef and fake b*ef emit greenhouse gases, BUT methane only stays in the atmosphere for 12 years, while carbon can stay in the atmosphere for hundreds of years. So if one really cared about "climate change" and greenhouse gas emissions, they'd be running away from the fake, processed stuff.

But I think we all know none of this is about facts, and more about societal, cultural changes and its too bad that there are companies out there that will disparage other products and play to those consumer changes (and misplaced fears) just to earn a buck.

Earn a buck?
As of May 13 2019...
"Even after its public debut, the company remains in the red, with a loss of $29 million—one million dollars less than its 2017 losses. Revenue growth was offset by higher freight costs, a 111% increase in headcount and higher marketing expenses as the company continues to try to expand its reach.

Questionable Valuation
At $66 a share, Beyond Meat's market cap is closing in on $4 billion. This means the company is currently valued at a little under 50 times annual sales. We'll say that again: not 50 times earnings; 50 times revenue. That's an extremely lofty valuation for a company that hasn't yet brought in a single dollar of profit."

greybeard said:
Earn a buck?
As of May 13 2019...
"Even after its public debut, the company remains in the red, with a loss of $29 million—one million dollars less than its 2017 losses. Revenue growth was offset by higher freight costs, a 111% increase in headcount and higher marketing expenses as the company continues to try to expand its reach.

Questionable Valuation
At $66 a share, Beyond Meat's market cap is closing in on $4 billion. This means the company is currently valued at a little under 50 times annual sales. We'll say that again: not 50 times earnings; 50 times revenue. That's an extremely lofty valuation for a company that hasn't yet brought in a single dollar of profit."

How many years was it before Amazon first started earning a profit?

I guess my original post should have said in pursuit of earning a buck!

CPil said:
greybeard said:
Earn a buck?
As of May 13 2019...

Questionable Valuation

How many years was it before Amazon first started earning a profit?

I guess my original post should have said in pursuit of earning a buck!
Amazon..or Amazon.com?
For it's retail shipping business it took 14 years and it's still only generating a paltry 3.8%-4.2% profit.
It's retail end is basically still running at break even scale but it's advertising and other initiatives is where the real money is.....a Google clone.

I am officially boycotting Burger King. Of course that is pretty easy as it is at least a one hour drive to the nearest one.

Well, with friends like these who needs enemies?

Cell-based meat startup secures backing from Cargill
Investment round raises US$12 million for Israel-based company
15 May 2019

US agribusiness Cargill is stepping up its interest in alternative proteins with an investment in Aleph Farms, an Israeli-based company that grows steaks from cattle cells.

Latest posts