Not liking Burger King right now

Help Support CattleToday:

HDRider

Reaction score
If all goes according to Burger King's master plan, St. Louis could again serve as a gateway to a new life, this one with less beef in the American diet, which in turn could help reduce the many environmental impacts that raising cattle has on our vulnerable planet. The fast-food chain is testing its Impossible Whopper in the greater metro area here, and if the meatless hamburger proves a success in St. Louis, Burger King will roll out the sandwich to all of its 7,200 locations nationwide.

Such an expansion would make mock-meat hamburgers available in almost every corner of the country, far more available than they are now at smaller chains such as Red Robin, White Castle and Carl's Jr. Burger King could give millions of Americans who crave a hamburger the option of purchasing one that, unlike the crumbly vegetarian patties of the past, reportedly looks and tastes much more like beef.

"I couldn't tell the difference, and I was shocked myself," Harvey said about the Impossible Whopper (which runs $5.59 in the St. Louis market, a full dollar more than the standard Whopper). She even served one to her husband and son, who couldn't taste the difference, either.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/voraciously/wp/2019/04/15/burger-kings-impossible-whopper-tastes-even-better-than-the-real-thing/?utm_term=.79b049a4fc6f

HDRider said:
If all goes according to Burger King's master plan, St. Louis could again serve as a gateway to a new life, this one with less beef in the American diet, which in turn could help reduce the many environmental impacts that raising cattle has on our vulnerable planet. The fast-food chain is testing its Impossible Whopper in the greater metro area here, and if the meatless hamburger proves a success in St. Louis, Burger King will roll out the sandwich to all of its 7,200 locations nationwide.

Such an expansion would make mock-meat hamburgers available in almost every corner of the country, far more available than they are now at smaller chains such as Red Robin, White Castle and Carl's Jr. Burger King could give millions of Americans who crave a hamburger the option of purchasing one that, unlike the crumbly vegetarian patties of the past, reportedly looks and tastes much more like beef.

"I couldn't tell the difference, and I was shocked myself," Harvey said about the Impossible Whopper (which runs $5.59 in the St. Louis market, a full dollar more than the standard Whopper). She even served one to her husband and son, who couldn't taste the difference, either.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/voraciously/wp/2019/04/15/burger-kings-impossible-whopper-tastes-even-better-than-the-real-thing/?utm_term=.79b049a4fc6f

Take your cattleman hat off and put your corporate capitalist hat back on for a moment.

It's just a business move.

Thank goodness we wiped out those 60 million buffalo and replaced them with 35 million cattle. We would have already be gone. As TT said it's a business move by BK a Brazlian outfit as it's not going to effect the 1.5 billion cattle on the planet.
Now you go to exterminating cattle the same tree hugger will wish you into Hades. No logic in "Cause "people it's their life and religion.

I am not sure if plant based meat replacement or lab grown cultured meat will win out.

I see the appeal to the marshmallow heads. It makes sense for BK et al to try this.

One problem people don't understand is what happens when you remove the grazing animal from the land. It doesn't turn into a rain forest. It will first turn to scrub and die. Does that sequester carbon?

TennesseeTuxedo said:
HDRider said:

Take your cattleman hat off and put your corporate capitalist hat back on for a moment.

So are lots of things............more/cheaper south-of-the-border imports of all kinds, open borders for immigrants, more imports of less expensive automobiles, moving business overseas and offshore, cheap Mexican and South American beef........

It's just business..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y64beE5yos

All the Pathobiology and Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathies scientists going to be looking for a new job.

TennesseeTuxedo said:
HDRider said:
the Impossible Whopper (which runs $5.59 in the St. Louis market, a full dollar more than the standard Whopper).
Consumers vote with their dollars.... whatever they prefer wins.

Note to all the tree huggers:
Millions of vegetables are ripped from the the ground every year, such a pity.
To help combat your outrage and soothe your appetite you can get 2 Arby's roast beef sandwiches for just $5 knowing that unlike Burger King no vegetables were savaged. :tiphat:

TennesseeTuxedo said:
It's just business. Nothing personal.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/02/beyond-meat-ipo.html
Almost everyone, has their price I guess. I won't be investing in that one, no matter how good a future it may have, but there sure is a demographic that will.

greybeard said:
TennesseeTuxedo said:
It's just business. Nothing personal.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/02/beyond-meat-ipo.html
Almost everyone, has their price I guess. I won't be investing in that one, no matter how good a future it may have, but there sure is a demographic that will.

I won't and never have used marijuana but I own stock in a company called Innovative Industrial Properties, Inc. It has gone from $35 a share last summer to over $90 recently. I wish I could have gotten in on Beyond Meat but I wasn't astute enough.

great article in sustainable farming about this crap..

billionaire muslim pushing this stuff, wants to make all the world dairy and meat free.

lab grown meat will put out massive amounts of C02.. with all the water and energy needed to create this 'food'.

companies want this so they can eliminate all the middlemen... farmers, stockyards, packing plants, etc.. create and ship it all from one factory.. ==== MASSIVE profits.. insane profits.

so they'll keep pushing 'a greener world' but what they will actually do is put out an insane increase in pollution to 'feed' the world.

SOUNDS ABOUT RIGHT.. DOUBLE STANDARDS

Latest posts