North Korea

Help Support CattleToday:

lowellcantrell":1czz41fm said:
I guess I am a little old fashioned but I think we should bring all our troops home and cut out all the aid we give away to other countries. If a business wants to set up in another country they would be on their own. Let's quit trying to police the entire globe and take care of our own people! I don't think NK, China, or any other county would attempt anything on American soil. The way our military is stretched out now, a "Red Dawn" (the movie) is not to far-stretched!

That is what got us in trouble in WWII isolationism.
Now I agee in part we don't need to be the world's police force.
This nut is threating to nuke us I say take him serious and take him out.

lowellcantrell":36036hfp said:
I guess I am a little old fashioned but I think we should bring all our troops home and cut out all the aid we give away to other countries. If a business wants to set up in another country they would be on their own. Let's quit trying to police the entire globe and take care of our own people! I don't think NK, China, or any other county would attempt anything on American soil. The way our military is stretched out now, a "Red Dawn" (the movie) is not to far-stretched!

Our troops are in faraway places today because others already did exactly what you think won't or can't happen.
Fighting a defensive war always means it's your infrastructure, your cities and towns, and your civilians that are getting destroyed and killed. Far better to take the fight to the other guy's turf and let his crap get screwed up and his people suffer than yours.

greybeard":12ak0o2y said:
lowellcantrell":12ak0o2y said:

Our troops are in faraway places today because others already did exactly what you think won't or can't happen.
Fighting a defensive war always means it's your infrastructure, your cities and towns, and your civilians that are getting destroyed and killed. Far better to take the fight to the other guy's turf and let his crap get screwed up and his people suffer than yours.

Spoken like an old man who know how to take names and kick a$$ :tiphat:

lowellcantrell":w8vinlj5 said:

Our military is not stretched out. There is not another one that even comes close. But our dollar is stretched to the limit and we can't just keep printing more.

B&M Farms":242vudlq said:
lowellcantrell":242vudlq said:

Our military is not stretched out. There is not another one that even comes close. But our dollar is stretched to the limit and we can't just keep printing more.
What?!!! Why not? Did we run out of ink?

N Korea's "Oh Holy Crap" moment:
71192726.jpg

;)

Caustic Burno":26epbj3g said:
As this contiue's to heat up over the last few day's.
We first need to tell China we are going to close our port's to their import's if they don't get him back on his chain.
Secondly we need to tell them we have had enough if he poke's the stick through the fence one more time we are going to light him up.
None of this playing around put a couple Alabama class nuke's offshore and take him out.
China is the biggest foreign holder of U.S. debt but you know that....

Caustic Burno":1mgg6gzt said:
None of this playing around put a couple Alabama class nuke's offshore and take him out.
Don;t you think there are already a couple of Boomers sitting off the coast just waiting for orders?

Don't have to, it is a "non binding debt" meaning "If you want it come and get it!". :lol:
Between countries debt is the number one currency.

alisonb":3jb8u7y5 said:
Caustic Burno":3jb8u7y5 said:
As this contiue's to heat up over the last few day's.
We first need to tell China we are going to close our port's to their import's if they don't get him back on his chain.
Secondly we need to tell them we have had enough if he poke's the stick through the fence one more time we are going to light him up.
China is the biggest foreign holder of U.S. debt but you know that....

Mean's absolutely nothing there economy would completely collapse without us.
This may not be a marriage yet but we are definitely sleeping together.

lowellcantrell":1sezpdsr said:
Realistically: does anyone actually think the US will ever pay off the debt we owe China?

They will get paid but the paper will not be worth much, so we may have to send them soy beans and chicken feet instead.

dun":1xvo4a1z said:
Caustic Burno":1xvo4a1z said:
Don;t you think there are already a couple of Boomers sitting off the coast just waiting for orders?

You know there is one sitting in the Sea of Japan somewhere.

sim.-ang.king":8yjy87j0 said:
Don't have to, it is a "non binding debt" meaning "If you want it come and get it!". :lol:
Between countries debt is the number one currency.

It's only as good as the county that issues it which means in our case it's not nearly as good as it use to be. They hold U.S. Treasuries...they do have a maturity date. They are binding but normally when they mature a foreign gov't will simply redeem them for another 30 year bond in the same amount and hopefully a better interest rate. They can also sell them at anytime but may have to sell at a discount. Banks hold the majority of our debt in the same form as well as many individuals.

Caustic Burno":cytkfzzu said:
No worries they say NK's missiles can only reach Ca. if they go farther then we should retaliate.
The middle half of CA accounts for one third of the food on your plate. Logic assumes that attacks would be on population centers but deeper logic reveals that an attack on central CA could cripple the country. Our dams were pretty heavily guarded for a few years here in our recent history and it was for good reason. A nation that can't even feed itself is not in a position of strength and CA feeds a LOT of people.

cow pollinater":1lym8wtn said:
Caustic Burno":1lym8wtn said:
No worries they say NK's missiles can only reach Ca. if they go farther then we should retaliate.
The middle half of CA accounts for one third of the food on your plate. Logic assumes that attacks would be on population centers but deeper logic reveals that an attack on central CA could cripple the country. Our dams were pretty heavily guarded for a few years here in our recent history and it was for good reason. A nation that can't even feed itself is not in a position of strength and CA feeds a LOT of people.

But if they take out Ca. that takes out about 1/3 of the people we have to feed right.
Plus it does away with 55 blue electoral vote's. :bang:
So we should be OK

If they did this I would hope the Potus would go over to North Korea and personally give them a stern warning.

Jogeephus":2d997a3s said:
If they did this I would hope the Potus would go over to North Korea and personally give them a stern warning.
Naw, he's already sending 3 billion and he will probably go over there and bow and appoligze and maybe even kiss the dear leaders feet.

Caustic Burno":20icx1ih said:
cow pollinater":20icx1ih said:
Caustic Burno":20icx1ih said:

But if they take out Ca. that takes out about 1/3 of the people we have to feed right.
Plus it does away with 55 blue electoral vote's. :bang:
So we should be OK
Nope. In addition to feeding ourselves, our production accounts for about 1/3 of the food on the nation's plate.
The good news is that China won't stand for a strike on CA as they're even more reliant on us as food suppliers than our own nation is.

Latest posts