Nobody would buy him, Why?

Help Support CattleToday:

Third Row thank you for your response, that is the kind of information I'm looking for.

Sadly, it is the ears that kill him. I agree with most of what Third Row said; but bulls that are less worthy than him bring ~$2000 (depending on market) all the time; but NEVER underestimate the power of pride of ownership. It is like a pickup. I buy a truck for work. It is bought for it's work properties and I can say that I don't care about the aesthetics ; BUT if the salesman rolled out a truck with every option I wanted for $100 less than the other trucks; but it was pink and there was a painting of a half naked gal riding a dragon on the hood I am not going to buy it EVEN though I know that it will do what I want it to do I would still rather pay $100 more and feel good about the purchase. The ears are probably not something that will be transmitted to the calves; but they still don't want to unload a bull and have the wife/girl friend or the neighbors say: Why did you buy a bull with ugly ears???

There is someone out there that would be proud to own him.

Now all you have to do is find that person.

To add injury to insult, The last bull is always the hardest to sell. Everbody knows that they've been picked over. Even if it is a good bull, shoppers tend to think what am I Missing?