No fertilizer

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 9, 2009
Messages
20,340
Reaction score
601
Location
Free Rent ,VA
Glad I didn't put fertilizer on the yard or I'd have to use a disc mower. Tractor leaving ruts I had to stop it's to wet.

 

jltrent

Well-known member
Joined
Aug 25, 2013
Messages
5,494
Reaction score
1,436
Location
Virginia
That looks like a Crabgrass mixture. Not with your big mower/tractor, but that grass can be some tough mowing. Glad you are getting rain, as I see a lot of big rain clouds going over hear heading in your directions, but dumping nothing here so far.
 
OP
skyhightree1

skyhightree1

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 9, 2009
Messages
20,340
Reaction score
601
Location
Free Rent ,VA
jltrent":2iia2lce said:
That looks like a Crabgrass mixture. Not with your big mower/tractor, but that grass can be some tough mowing. Glad you are getting rain, as I see a lot of big rain clouds going over hear heading in your directions, but dumping nothing here so far.

I tell you rains messed up many gardens including mine.. can't get wheat up or beans planted it's crazy.
 

greybeard

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 5, 2012
Messages
21,249
Reaction score
2,396
Location
Cleveland Tx
skyhightree1":1fmz9c7o said:
TCRanch":1fmz9c7o said:
Are you bragging? ;-) The .75" we got last night didn't even settle the dust.

Definitely not this rain is crazy.

True Grit Farms":1fmz9c7o said:
I like having to much grass.

Me too in pastures.. but I hate cutting grass

It's Brute's fault. The remnants of that system that was over S. Texas, then came up thru my area for so long and slowly moved NE. Your rain came all the way from extreme S. Texas. That's Gulf of Mexico water your tractor tires are turning into ruts.
Several days ago:


Current radar:
That stuff off the Atlantic seaboard is the tail end of the same long train..


(Go ahead...keep bellyachin....we'll send ya some more.)
 
OP
skyhightree1

skyhightree1

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 9, 2009
Messages
20,340
Reaction score
601
Location
Free Rent ,VA
greybeard":29u8cdi8 said:
skyhightree1":29u8cdi8 said:
TCRanch":29u8cdi8 said:
Are you bragging? ;-) The .75" we got last night didn't even settle the dust.

Definitely not this rain is crazy.

True Grit Farms":29u8cdi8 said:
I like having to much grass.

Me too in pastures.. but I hate cutting grass

It's Brute's fault. The remnants of that system that was over S. Texas, then came up thru my area for so long and slowly moved NE. Your rain came all the way from extreme S. Texas. That's Gulf of Mexico water your tractor tires are turning into ruts.
Several days ago:


Current radar:
That stuff off the Atlantic seaboard is the tail end of the same long train..


(Go ahead...keep bellyachin....we'll send ya some more.)

Thanks for sharing .. but keep it to yourself a while.. :D
 

Latest posts

Top