Nice hay this year

Help Support CattleToday:

callmefence said:
Started cutting haygrazer yesterday. This is a field of the late maturity seed 4-6feet and not even thinking about making seed. Should be good hay. I could've let it grow some more but I've got to much scattered around to do for a one man show. I cut with a storm coming but several days of good weather coming. Won't loose any days waiting for the mud to dry.

Wow! That really looks good.

callmefence said:
Started cutting haygrazer yesterday. This is a field of the late maturity seed 4-6feet and not even thinking about making seed. Should be good hay. I could've let it grow some more but I've got to much scattered around to do for a one man show. I cut with a storm coming but several days of good weather coming. Won't loose any days waiting for the mud to dry.

Looks to me like you bought yourself some Brown Mid Rib, late maturing. That's what I planted in my volunteer Rye patch. Super SS product.

I got half a field cut yesterday with the forecast showing dry for a week and around 4AM got over an inch of rain......I thought the weather models were getting pretty accurate.....guess I over estimated the quality of their product.....but, no way would I be a weather forecaster. :bang:

On your comment about waiting longer, as I said several weeks ago, that BMR that was over the cab in my tractor was too long to manage properly. You have the right height where you are. Nice job :tiphat:

Latest posts