Nice Cow

Help Support CattleToday:

3MR

Reaction score
Has anybody else ever experienced this.

I had a cow birth the calf into a mud puddle that she couldnt get out of. The calf is doing fine now, all things considerd, and back with mom. It was a couple of days before mom would let the calf feed aalthough she would lick it all over and obviously was showing motherly intrest in it.

Anyway, here is the real point of the post.

Prior to all this the cow wouldnt want me anywhere near it. Not wild, but just didnt want me to be closer than 6 or so feet. Now she acts like my best friend and when I am working with the calf will come over and lick us both, or stick her head in my face or whatever I am doing repeatedly..

Anybody ever have a cow decide it liks people after all like that?

I never had one do this before, they either didnt care if I was aorund to begin with or did and would stand a few feet off and watch, but not get close.

3MR":365vkbxj said:
Has anybody else ever experienced this.

I had a cow birth the calf into a mud puddle that she couldnt get out of. The calf is doing fine now, all things considerd, and back with mom. It was a couple of days before mom would let the calf feed aalthough she would lick it all over and obviously was showing motherly intrest in it.

Anyway, here is the real point of the post.

Prior to all this the cow wouldnt want me anywhere near it. Not wild, but just didnt want me to be closer than 6 or so feet. Now she acts like my best friend and when I am working with the calf will come over and lick us both, or stick her head in my face or whatever I am doing repeatedly..

• Anybody ever have a cow decide it liks people after all like that?
I never had one do this before, they either didnt care if I was aorund to begin with or did and would stand a few feet off and watch, but not get close.
you ever deal with brangus. they can be like puppys one minute but let em calve, and its your ass if you get within the comfort zone

Thats my point. This one was the oposite. It didnt want anything to do with people until after it calved. Then all of a sudden it decided people arent all that bad.

some cows can tell and appreciate when you are trying to help them. others just dont understand.

Latest posts