NFL playoffs set

Help Support CattleToday:

haase":3abf2icf said:
Hey cb, with my great picks this week, 0 and 4, my first pick next week will be the cowboys, hope I can help ya out.

The only way I root for the Cowboys is if the Texans are still in.
I once would like to see a Texas Super Bowl.
Well now rooting for the Aints most likely will be their demise.
The rest I really don't care who wins or loses as long as it's a game.
Not like Houston best drive was on the bus to the stadium.

CB, it might not be that far off, both teams are improving, Texans had one of their best seasons, just have to figure out how to get over that playoff hump.

Son of Butch":3eff5laq said:
TennesseeTuxedo":3eff5laq said:
Bestoutwest":3eff5laq said:
It's going to be:
Colts
Seahawks
Ravens
Bears

I'll take:
Colts
Cowboys
Ravens
Eagles
I like the Chargers as the underdog today. 24-20

NFL West Coast teams historically under perform when having to play on the East Coast (time zone adjustment)
However
Rookie qb LaMar Jackson is making his first appearance in a playoff game.
Teams with QBs making first playoff appearance are 14-30 a win rate of .318 or in other words lose 68% of the time.
EPDs people.
Just to point out to all the epd nonbelievers even though Ravens were favored by 2 points LaMar Jackson's
estimated predicted difference came through and they lost by 6.... just saying :)

Son of Butch":39y03167 said:
Son of Butch":39y03167 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":39y03167 said:
I'll take:
Colts
Cowboys
Ravens
Eagles

NFL West Coast teams historically under perform when having to play on the East Coast (time zone adjustment)
However
Teams with QBs making first playoff appearance are 14-30 a win rate of .318 or in other words lose 68% of the time.
EPDs people.
Just to point out to all the epd nonbelievers even though Ravens were favored by 2 points LaMar Jackson's
estimated predicted difference came through and they lost by 6... 23-17 just saying :)

:banana:
Son of Butch":2qwilfsz said:

However
EPDs people.
estimated predicted difference came through and they lost by 6... 23-17 just saying :)

Your EPDs let you down on the Seahawks and Bears though didn't they?

It's hard for me to pick the Cowboys because of their play calling style. Seems as tho anytime they have the lead they go into a conservative mode. When they are behind is when they are actually calling the plays it takes to score. This 'just good enuf' crap ain't cutting it with me when they could be dominating.

TT - Actually no, Bears epd guaranteed them scoring no more than 24 pts while holding Philly to 17 or less.
Combined with Philly epd indicated that 1 of the teams might only score 10 points or less, making the under 41.5 pts
the easiest money of the decade and made everyone rich who followed my advice to wager no more than you
can afford to WIN on the under in the Bears game.
The proof was in the pudding 16-15 and the game was one 4th down play away from ending 15-10.
(42-46 points was actually within the margin of error, but under 41.5 pts had .94 accuracy and that is as good as it gets
with sports epds)

Dallas/Seattle epds made the game untouchable.
I only made 2 picks... Chargers to win (actually Ravens to lose) which I did not bet because the under 41.5 pts in the
Chicago game was so unbelievably good.

TennesseeTuxedo":1jlbvq9r said:
Well da Bears blew it.
Goose Island Brewery in Chicago announced they are erecting goal posts in the street and anyone who comes in this
Saturday between 10 am - 4 pm and makes a 43 yard field goal wins free beer for a year.

Son of Butch":1kbu5g69 said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1kbu5g69 said:
Well da Bears blew it.
Goose Island Brewery in Chicago announced they are erecting goal posts in the street and anyone who comes in this
Saturday between 10 am - 4 pm and makes a 43 yard field goal wins free beer for a year.

It'll be interesting to see how many can actually make one.

In his deference, he did score over half of their points, and his last attempt was tipped, not a bear fan but that wasn't why they lost, their offense just didn't show up.

Son of Butch":2n31jm0v said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2n31jm0v said:
Well da Bears blew it.
Is their beer so bad they had to find a way to give it away?

Colts (11-6) at KC Chiefs (12-4) 3:35 pm
KC favored by 5
Andy Reid is 20-3 following a bye... Indy is on a 5 game winning streak.
QB Pat Mahomes 1st playoff game, last week 1st time qbs Jackson, Trubisky, Wautson 0-3.
Snow in KC. Bud Grant says cold weather favors the team that is mentally the toughest. KC will not cover.
Chiefs 27
Indy 24

Dallas (11-6) at RAMS (13-3) 7:15 pm
RAMS favored by 7
Dallas 0-5 in playoffs since 1997 and Rams are rested having bye last week.
Dak Prescott's first playoff game.
Rams 26
Dallas 24

Sunday
Chargers (13-4) at New England (11-5) noon
Patriots opened favored by 5 then the line dropped to 4 and now 3.5 at most betting outlets
Chargers are 1-11 on road at New England
The public is backing the Patriots big time as usual... it's the big bet sharps that have the line falling = upset alert!
Patriots dynasty is coming to an end, but Belichick thrives under pressure and had the extra week to prepare.
It's gonna be a good one... 24-23

Eagles (10-7) at New Orleans (13-3) 3:40 pm
Saints favored by 8
Saints 5-0 in home playoff games since 2006 and Saints laid a 48-7 beat down on the Eagles in November.
Eagles need offensive LT Jason Peters to have a good game, but he's currently questionable to play with leg injury.
Regardless Philly as defending Super Bowl champions have too much pride to get beat down again.
Saints 31
Philly 24