NFL Draft

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch

Reaction score
WOW... Houston is really bad at drafting!
Left tackle Andre Dillard was clearly the apple of their eye (the worst kept secret in the NFL)
But when Philly jumped 1 pick ahead of them to snatch Dillard, Houston completely panicked
and grabbed OT Tytus Howard the guy they were already planning to take in the second round.

Houston could have traded back with any of the 9 teams behind them and still have gotten Howard.
Even if all they got was a bag of doughnuts, at least they'd have something to chew on while they
plan their next move for today. How J.J. Watt ever fell into their laps without them screwing it up
I'll never know.

I can't believe 300000 people would come out in the rain to watch something in the middle of the street in Nashville Tennessee as minuscule as a football draft.

greybeard said:
Son of Butch said:
Gee....you just now finding this out?
Truthfully yes.

Houston is in the bottom 8 of the 32 teams in the NFL to which I pay attention.
No disrespect to Houston, as I seem to like them more than their own GM does.
I don't know any Texan fans, so I probably follow them as close as any NFL fan in Minnesota.
Which is to say I usually just scratch my head from afar.
But that pick last night reminded me of what happened in Cleveland several years ago when
they grabbed qb Brandon Weeden in the first round. They can't adjust in the moment with
no plan B in place, a real sign of a front office in disarray.
:idea:
Unless maybe Dallas and or Buffalo are paying them off to run the team into the ground?

One of the many reasons Why my team sucks
Sadly, as much help as Houston needs with the O line, Howard was at one time.. a QB.
The Texans' O'Brien, in his infinite stupidity.. will probably now try to convert him back from OT to QB.
They carry AJ McCarron and Joe Webb III as their backup qbs and have historically run out of reasonable backup QBs during the season..

Not a NFL fan at all, could care less if they folded, but I got to work at that thing Thursday and Friday night, numbers may be exaggerated but for the number of people there it was like a well oiled machine, people love Nashville and being on broadway.

Son of Butch said:
Left tackle Andre Dillard was clearly the apple of their eye (the worst kept secret in the NFL)
But when Philly jumped 1 pick ahead of them to snatch Dillard, Houston completely panicked
and grabbed OT Tytus Howard the guy they were already planning to take in the second round.

Houston could have traded back with any of the 9 teams behind them and still have gotten Howard.
Even if all they got was a bag of doughnuts, at least they'd have something to chew on while they
plan their next move for today. How J.J. Watt ever fell into their laps without them screwing it up
I'll never know.

I thought it might be better with the new GM, apparently not.

First time in Vikings franchise history to use their first 4 draft picks only for players on offense.

18. Center - Garrett Bradbury
50. Tight End - Irv Smith jr
102. Running Back - Alexander Mattison
114. Guard - Dru Samia
5th round
162. Linebacker - Cameron Smith

In January the Vikings hired Ex Denver head coach Gary Kubiak to come in and fix the offense.
It must drive Head Coach Zimmer crazy (a defensive guru) not to get any help for his defense.

p.s.
The Vikings have never used their first 4 picks on defense.

Kubiak is also a Houston cull...He seemingly had the hots for their QB Matt "pick six" Shaub. Kept starting him no matter what.
(Shaub threw a pick six in 4 consecutive games at Houston in 2013, and Kubiak still wanted to start him..which was at least 2 games too many..)

Latest posts