Next weeks 4 playoff teams, football

Help Support CattleToday:

Alan

Reaction score
Bama won......again
Clemson loss
Michigan goes down on the road
Dawgs go down

So at this point only one undefeated teams left, well two if we're counting western Michigan.

1. So who are next weeks top four?
2. I think Dawgs are out of the playoffs, does a PAC 12 make it in the playoffs? (I don't think so)
3. Will a Big 12 team make the playoffs? (I don't think so)
4. If you answered no to 2 & 3, which conference gets two team in?

Edit to add:
Michigan still play OSU and the conference championship.
Oklahoma still play W Virginia and OK St
Auburn has two losses and still plays Bama
So maybe Huskies get in if they win out by luck of others losses, but they need to get by WSU in the apple cup.

My Rankings...
1. ALABAMA 10-0 (1)
2. Ohio State 9-1 (5)
3. Michigan 9-1 (3)
4. Clemson 9-1 (2)

5. Louisville 9-1 (6)
6. Washington 9-1 (4)
7. Wisconsin 7-2 (7)
8. Penn St 8-2 (10)
9. Oklahoma 8-2 (11)
10. West Virginia 8-1 (14)
11. Colorado 7-2 (12)
12. Oklahoma St 8-2 (13)
13. Utah 7-2 (15)
14. Texas A&M 7-3 (8)
15. Auburn 7-3 (9)
16. Western Michigan 10-0 (21)

21. Virginia Tech 7-3 (14)

I see it as:
1. ALABAMA 10-0 (1)
2. Ohio State 9-1 (5)
3. Michigan 9-1 (3)
4. Washington 9-1 (4)

5. Clemson 9-1 (2)

6. Louisville 9-1 (6)
Clemson's and Louisville's wins over 7-3 FSU don't mean much now and going forward. FSU's other loss was to North Carolina, which also lost to Duke Va Tech, and Ga.

True, however with Louisville looking strong in their 32 pt win combined with Washington losing by 13 at home
I gave Louisville the nod over Washington. (I don't think a team can have a double digit home loss and not drop)
Clemson's 1st loss and by only 1 point, but at home, causes me to drop them 2 spots, but still ahead of Louisville who
they beat by 6 points

Some 'other' trivia from espn
Division III Mount Union had its 112-regular season winning streak ended by a 31-28 loss to John Carroll. 112 wins in a row?! The Purple Raiders' regular-season record since 1994 now stands at 222-2. Looking over their media guide, the oldest handful of players on their roster was born in fall '94. Over that span, the team has won 11 national championships (12 if you go back one more year to '93), and Saturday's loss ended a quarter-century run of conference titles.

Son of Butch":2m75r37b said:
True, however with Louisville looking strong in their 32 pt win combined with Washington losing by 13 at home
I gave Louisville the nod over Washington. (I don't think a team can have a double digit home loss and not drop)
Clemson's 1st loss and by only 1 point, but at home, causes me to drop them 2 spots, but still ahead of Louisville who
they beat by 6 points
We all misjudged Louisville?
Unranked Houston gave 'em a spanking.

Go Coogs!
Birds should be careful when they call "Here kitty kitty"

greybeard":3nl4izmm said:
Son of Butch":3nl4izmm said:
they beat by 6 points

Go Coogs!
And in the process made the Louisville QB look pretty "average".

And Texas drops another one. I think they got screwed at the end of regulation on that fumble/incompletion but the Longhorns also commited 6 turnovers. If they don't beat TCU next week....no bowl game for them.
Strong's job is anything but secure.

One blog says it's already happened--on the plane ride back to Austin.
Not yet confirmed tho.

Update 9:17p CT: It's official. Coach Strong was terminated by AD Mike Perrin during the Texas charter flight back from Austin. Strong is going to meet with team upon arrival back on campus to inform them.

Our source has informed us that the school has given Strong permission to coach in the season finale on Friday against TCU.

http://www.chatsports.com/texas-longhor ... rong-31489

TexasBred":4ysuv0f3 said:
greybeard":4ysuv0f3 said:
Son of Butch":4ysuv0f3 said:
they beat by 6 points

Go Coogs!
And in the process made the Louisville QB look pretty "average".
Well Louisville did "win" the 2nd half...by 5 pts (LOL) doesn't mean much when they lost the 1st half 31-0
Drops them out of the top 10 and strengthens Washington's argument that Clemson's 6 pt home win over Louisville doesn't mean much now and that they should be 4 and not Clemson.

My rankings
1 Alabama 12-0
then it gets really tough ranking them.... I almost want to put Washington at 2 but 4 is high as I can go for now.
3 Michigan lost on the road in double OT to #2 Ohio State by what appeared to be a bad spot by 2" costing M the win.
#2 is suppose to beat #3 and IF Ohio State really is #2 then how can Michigan 10-2 drop from #3 in such a close road loss?

4 Washington 11-1 their one loss was to USC now ranked #11 at 9-3

5 Clemson 11-1 home loss to Pitt currently ranked 24
To me Clemson is overated with 2 wins over ranked teams #12 FSU and #16 Louisville and home loss to #24 Pitt
Clemson's next game #19 Virginia Tech

I don't think Clemson 11-1 is any better than #8 Penn State 10-2 - both losses to #3 Mich and #24 Pitt were on the road
and Penn St handed #2 Ohio State 11-1 their only loss.

I expect #8 Penn State 10-2 will beat #6 Wisconsin 10-2 next week.... we'll see...

Son of Butch":2b1adwz1 said:
p.s.
#11 USC is underrated in my opinion, I have them at 6

USC is under ranked, they had the early season stumble that cost them. It will be interesting though in the Big Ten, conference championship is played between Penn St and Wisconsin........ does Ohio St get in?

As I expected #8 Penn State upset #6 Wisconsin 38-31 on the neutral field in Indianapolis.
Making 9 wins in a row for them including beating Ohio State after starting the season 1-2.
Penn State started out flat (28-7) but made the adjustments at the half and dominated the game from then on.
Committee will take Clemson as they beat #23 Virginia Tech 42-35. Yes they will also put Ohio State in as the 2 seed.
It sux to be Michigan and Penn State as both are as good or better than Clemson.

Son of Butch":ooas238i said:
As I expected #8 Penn State upset #6 Wisconsin 38-31 on the neutral field in Indianapolis.
Making 9 wins in a row for them including beating Ohio State after starting the season 1-2.
Penn State started out flat (28-7) but made the adjustments at the half and dominated the game from then on.
Committee will take Clemson as they beat #23 Virginia Tech 42-35. Yes they will also put Ohio State in as the 2 seed.
It sux to be Michigan and Penn State as both are as good or better than Clemson.

Yup this could be bad. Penn St beats Ohio St and then wins their conference and may still be out because of the Buckeyes. Or it could suck to be Washington, they may get bump by Penn St because the Huskies had a very easy non conference schedule.

Bama is in as #1 seed, Clemson should be #2.... but The non conference winner, Buckeyes will be #2 putting Clemson at #3. I think Penn bumps the Huskies for the fourth spot. Should have to be a conference winner to get in. The bright side is it will probably push an eight team playoff quicker.

My rankings
1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Michigan
4. Washington
5. Penn State
6. Clemson
7. USC
8. Oklahoma
Any of the 2-8 teams are capable of beating any team listed other than Alabama

Son of Butch":2x5zs7zo said:
My rankings
1. Alabama
2. Ohio State
3. Michigan
4. Washington
5. Penn State
6. Clemson
7. USC
8. Oklahoma
Any of the 2-8 teams are capable of beating any team listed other than Alabama

Alabama is the best team this year....again. But any of the 8 could pull an upset. After all " that's why they play the game "

Alan":14k2svre said:
Son of Butch":14k2svre said:

Yup this could be bad. Penn St beats Ohio St and then wins their conference and may still be out because of the Buckeyes. Or it could suck to be Washington, they may get bump by Penn St because the Huskies had a very easy non conference schedule.

Bama is in as #1 seed, Clemson should be #2.... but The non conference winner, Buckeyes will be #2 putting Clemson at #3. I think Penn bumps the Huskies for the fourth spot. Should have to be a conference winner to get in. The bright side is it will probably push an eight team playoff quicker.

One of those teams has twice as many losses as the other.
"Ohio State lost once.

Penn State lost twice.

The Buckeyes beat three teams that are currently ranked in the top 10 of the College Football Playoff rankings, including two of them on the road.

The Nittany Lions defeated two teams that are currently ranked in the top 10 -- one at home and one at a neutral site.

If the CFP selection committee decides on Selection Day to include No. 2 Ohio State -- and not No. 7 Penn State -- among the four teams that will compete in the third edition of the playoff, its reasoning has to be as simple as that."

Latest posts