NewFarmGirl new to Farming and Cattle

Help Support CattleToday:

NewFarmGirl

Reaction score
I am new to the boards and am looking to gain a wealth of information from all of you ("Old Timers") in the farming and cattle business and hopefully learn a lot from the new ones as well. So far we have a herd of 5 - we bought 3 heffers originally from the guy we bought our farm from who have just had 2 calfs (one 3 weeks old, our first bull and one 3 days old a heffer). So this is truely a new experience for us - we moved from Jacksonville, Florida to Suwannee County, Florida just about 7 months ago. We have started a simple garden to see if we could do ok at growing crops and I am excited to say it is looking promising. So needless to say I look forward to all this board has to offer.

:wave:

NewFarmGirl

How about you throw some picture of the herd you have now and we can see how its going. Congratulations on getting your hands dirty.

I hope to get some pictures available to show on line - the baby's are soooo cute. One brown (her mother is a herford angus mix) and one black (his mother is pure angus). I believe they were both bread with a full angus. We also have a red limousine. She apparently did not get bred. We understood the bull was a young one - and the guy we bought them from had no idea if any were bred or not. So we got 5 for the price of 3. I guess we will need to see about breading them all soon including the Limo.

Thanks for all the welcomes. I look forward to all I can learn - both the good and bad. :wave:

oh i hope you just have it all. as a younger farming family ourselves passed down on both sides, it's exciting to see families opting for this way of life. your starting small whichis soooo smart right from the git go. this way you learn and won't get freaked out and overwhelmed. lol. this board has already provided much information for my husband and i and now when kin down the road want to know something, they have me come to the board lol. even the old-timers. heart felt congrats and well wishes. :tiphat:

I'm new to this board, country life and cattle myself. It's been really a lot of fun so far. Welcome ...

Welcome to Florida but watch out for Flaboy he doen't live to far from you and drives a Harley. Rumor is he used to be in the @ell's Angel's but they made him quit when he wanted to add a sidecar to his Harley so he could take Crowder on long rides.
sidecars_friendship_ii_01.jpg

Central Fl Cracker":z5u6ro4b said:
Welcome to Florida but watch out for Flaboy he doen't live to far from you and drives a Harley. Rumor is he used to be in the @ell's Angel's but they made him quit when he wanted to add a sidecar to his Harley so he could take Crowder on long rides.

NFG, pay no attention to that Cracker. You know how those folks are you being from Jacksonville and all edumacated. I have no affliction for the Angels and Crowder refuses to ride in a side car unless it is pink and I ain't having no dang pink Harley.

Welcome aboard but watch the name calling, "old timers". :D

flaboy":2j5blcsv said:
Central Fl Cracker":2j5blcsv said:

NFG, pay no attention to that Cracker. You know how those folks are
  • you being from Jacksonville
and all edumacated. I have no affliction for the Angels and Crowder refuses to ride in a side car unless it is pink and I ain't having no dang pink Harley.

Welcome aboard but watch the name calling, "old timers". :D
i thought the only good thing come out of jacksonville was skynyrd :p dam right

Welcome aboard! :welcome:

We're neighbors....almost. :tiphat: Good luck with your new herd. You'll find allot of great people and excellent info on this forum. Look forward to seeing your pictures of the herd.

Rich

Latest posts