New Simmy heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

Simmi Show Gal

Reaction score
Hey guys...

Just got 2 new heifers today.. The baldy is a 9/19/2007 Built Right x JF Nasty Girl(sold for 14,000 today) and the other is a Made Black x Triple C No Doubt bred to Mo Town due in Feb..

Do you have any photos that haven't been touched up or edited? Maybe some of them just in the pasture? Hard to tell what they really look like by the photos.

Theres been nothing done to the pictures to change the heifers. They took the halters off of them but that doesn't change what the animal looks like. I am going to get new pictures of them once I have them here.

You picked them up at the Grindstone Creek Genetics sale, right? Niceee heifers. I had the baldie picked out of the catalog as my favorite. (if i have my mind right, and you if got them from that sale.) Anywho, Nice heifers. Wouldn't mind either of them eating my feed. Keep us updated on how they grow and how they do.

Yup.. I got them at the Grindstone Creek sale. I think alot of people had the baldy picked as their favorite.. I'm pretty excited about getting her.. These two and our heifer we bred and raised ourselves we'll be in our show string going to Ft. Worth and the other Texas majors.. Let me know what you think about the other heifer. SHe is a Feb 08 Mo Better x Dream On heifer and the picture was taken about a month ago...

The blaze faced heifer might win in the show ring, but I think I like the first one better. To me she just has a broodier look ( could be because she's older). The blaze heifer looks a bit straight and I really like her deeper chested. I can't really comment on length and body because I'm on a wide screen ( :x ) but they both look really nice. you'll have to give us some updated pictures after they've grown a bit.

I love the baldy!!!

One quick question though, why are heifers and cows presented with their left foot slightly forward, while in Market Beef the steers are completely square?

Thanks.

Daisy452":3eec2m96 said:
I love the baldy!!!

One quick question though, why are heifers and cows presented with their left foot slightly forward, while in Market Beef the steers are completely square?

Thanks.
2 things come to mind. (Coming from a heifer guy). 1. It adds the appearance of more depth in the hind quarter and flank. 2. Some believe that it also adds the appearance of body length. - Notice the show side leg is also back a bit as opposed to squarely under her like a steer would be. I also must use the old addage "when is Rome" Seems like we started following the pack in the mid 90's. and I'm sure not gonna be the one to say the emporer has no clothes.
Surely someone smarter than I will come in and wipe my analysis off the screen. But that is the way I see it. :banana:

Daisy452":21tqrlve said:
I love the baldy!!!

Thanks.
The only answer i have is that "That is the way you do it. I dont know if anyone has a reason."

In the case of bulls and older females it is all the above reasons as well as showing off the udder/scrotum.

The third one? I don't know about that one. It could be because she was standing a little funny for her picture or because she was young. But I would get critical of her on balance. Her front, middle, and back thirds don't match up very well from my point of view. She's also really pinched up in that fore-rib. Another thing is that she looks like she needs to be lengthened up through her front third. But don't consider me an expert! Just my opinion. Them top two are REAL nice:!:

Oh yes. She looks much better in this one. Like I said, I think she was standing a little funny in the first. Nice one! :) I have a question, do you clip your own cattle?

Latest posts