New Simmy heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

Yes I do... The clip job on the younger heifer was a 5 min one. Not the greatest, just wanted to get a better picture of her.

I dunno.. I've seen better.. :pretty: :lol2:

The last one is "home raised". She had a weird gut thing going on when I weaned her, but she's finally starting to straighten out. I think she'll do good down here in Texas. We're excited about hauling them!

lol... A start to finish clip job for a show will take about 5 hours and then another 1-3 hours doing fine touching up at the show, before, during and after fitting.

PHEWWWW! I feel lucky if the walk in the ring with the legs pulled, tail head clipped square, and hooves painted! :lol: By the way, another question from a six year cattle showing rookie. Do you pull the legs straight up or in a "V" both ways out from the center of the leg??

I do...About half way up the leg I pull to the front and back and pull a section in the middle straight up so you don't have a nasty line the middle of the "V". Once you get to the top half of the leg then I pull the hair forward so it blends into the body so it's not like pulled up leg..hair forward body. Blends better.

I started showing at 4... Now I'm too old to show in Junior shows but I still go to fit for friends of mine.. I'll be 20 in Jan.. The occasional junior show that allows kids up to 21 to show I go to...Other than that just open shows. :D... I've attached a picture of the bred and owned heifers dam when she was the age the heifer is now and one last December.

Looks like that cow made a perty good mature mama. As for me? I'm still in the 4-H stages going into the seniors level next year. However, in my county, the county has something to the tune of a 21 million dollar deficit and is cutting nice little programs like 4-h. So, it looks like breed shows and open shows for me from now on! :D

Open shows are lots of fun..most of the time.. Not as competitive as junior shows... don't get me wrong there are the exceptions but I like the atmospheres of the open shows.

Latest posts