New Post Driver

Help Support CattleToday:

Farm Fence Solutions":20dqc0hk said:

While it's good to see you quit trying to stretch in the middle. The correct way to do that particular stretch is to stretch past your terminal post. Cut your horizontal lines one at a time. You'll have less slack to deal with.

callmefence":3moo0leo said:
Farm Fence Solutions":3moo0leo said:

While it's good to see you quit trying to stretch in the middle. The correct way to do that particular stretch is to stretch past your terminal post. Cut your horizontal lines one at a time. You'll have less slack to deal with.

Everyone is entitled to their own wrong opinion, and I'm glad you still like doing it the hard way. I still pull to the middle most of the time, just like I always have. Seven stretches on that job....Six gut strains and one end pull.

Farm Fence Solutions":3ufbgch7 said:
callmefence":3ufbgch7 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":3ufbgch7 said:

Everyone is entitled to their own wrong opinion, and I'm glad you still like doing it the hard way. I still pull to the middle most of the time, just like I always have. Seven stretches on that job....Six gut strains and one end pull.

Yeah who could argue with that... :lol2:

So to make a stretch your making two hook-ups. Putting in two stretch bars. Cutting the net and splicing it back together with gripple.

I'm making two hook-ups and using one stretch bar..... :idea:

callmefence":2v83cz9r said:
Farm Fence Solutions":2v83cz9r said:
callmefence":2v83cz9r said:

So to make a stretch your making two hook-ups. Putting in two stretch bars. Cutting the net and splicing it back together with gripple.

1. The runs where a gut strain was used, that required the use of two net clamps, the wire was not cut, nor were any Gripples used.

2. The runs where a gut strain was used, where the wire was cut, no net clamps were used.

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Farm Fence Solutions":2ezlmyvw said:
callmefence":2ezlmyvw said:
Farm Fence Solutions":2ezlmyvw said:

1. The runs where a gut strain was used, that required the use of two net clamps, the wire was not cut, nor were any Gripples used.

2. The runs where a gut strain was used, where the wire was cut, no net clamps were used.

You think I don't understand...lol
If you want to insult me go right ahead. I've got big shoulders. I also have big rolls of wire :D
Your still overcomplicating a simple process. I like the pipe post though.
You keep paying attention. You'll get it figured out someday.

callmefence":1swg9imt said:
Farm Fence Solutions":1swg9imt said:
callmefence":1swg9imt said:

If you want to insult me go right ahead. I've got big shoulders. I also have big rolls of wire :D

Aww, your right. I don't know what I was thinking. I'm gonna sell this POS and go back to doing it the right way. :wave:

Farm Fence Solutions":s8xjc3q3 said:
callmefence":s8xjc3q3 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":s8xjc3q3 said:

Aww, your right. I don't know what I was thinking. I'm gonna sell this POS and go back to doing it the right way. :wave:

I wouldn't go that far pardner....not a thing wrong with doing things your way....
So hey. .on that gut stretch when you don't use gripple. What kinda knot you tying.... :)

Farm Fence Solutions":1ec3toiq said:
callmefence":1ec3toiq said:
Farm Fence Solutions":1ec3toiq said:

I mean at least you didn't have to get off the tractor right...your already off...lol
Your just going through a natural progression. Lol . Keep a open mind.

Seriously just funnin.

callmefence":16nvy013 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":16nvy013 said:
callmefence":16nvy013 said:

I wouldn't go that far pardner....not a thing wrong with doing things your way....
So hey. .on that gut stretch when you don't use gripple. What kinda knot you tying.... :)

A good one. :nod:

callmefence":2zkizpea said:
Farm Fence Solutions":2zkizpea said:
callmefence":2zkizpea said:

I mean at least you didn't have to get off the tractor right...your already off...lol

Seriously just funnin.

Duh. Sales 101, lesson 4: The car crash. How many youtube views we getting outa this? :lol2:

Farm Fence Solutions":3gjjrk0f said:
callmefence":3gjjrk0f said:
Farm Fence Solutions":3gjjrk0f said:

Seriously just funnin.

Duh. Sales 101, lesson 4: The car crash. How many youtube views we getting outa this? :lol2:

Now you saying I ain't heard of the car crash......I can't remember where right now but you can bet your driver I've heard of it somewhere............

We mounted the hammer on the tractor fel with the rock auger on the three point to tackle this job. It preforms much better than I thought it would on the fel. You do have to have a spotter on the ground.

callmefence said:
We mounted the hammer on the tractor fel with the rock auger on the three point to tackle this job. It preforms much better than I thought it would on the fel. You do have to have a spotter on the ground.

Do you have any luck drilling a pilot hole with the Beltec and then pounding it?

fence_it said:
callmefence said:

Do you have any luck drilling a pilot hole with the Beltec and then pounding it?

We've been using the 2" puffer bit and doing exactly that. Used to use a pneumatic drill and driver , still do sometimes where we can't get a machine to. The tractor mounted tools are easier on the body.
Fwiw ..we also keep the biggest rotary hammer drill Bosh makes and a gasoline driver on the truck. Works just fine for a few post when you run into that random ridge of rock. Also great for repairs etc.

Latest posts