New Post Driver

Help Support CattleToday:

ddd75":gnxlkxf2 said:
pricefarm":gnxlkxf2 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":gnxlkxf2 said:
When I made the switch from a tractor mounted rig to a skid steer, I thought it couldn't get any better. When I made the switch from the skid steer mounted driver to a one man tracked unit...... :D It's tough to convince a bunch of hard headed American fence builders that there is a much better way. Me included. A skid steer and driver are certainly an effective combo, but I do prefer being able to run alone if I need to.

Yes being able to work alone would be good. It takes two people with a skid steer driver

i had a dan user hammer driver. it had a claw that would pick up the posts and swing them under the driver. 1 man operation. I put in quite a bit of fence with it by myself. only bad thing I didn't like about that driver was that it hollered the hole out from moving the skid steer around. that heavy driver up high like that moves the machine around quite a bit. so the next year you'd have slightly lose posts.

The Danuser folks sent one over with a salesman for a demo..... I do believe that the Danuser driver has it's place with farmers, ranchers, and for the occasional fence job, but the salesman couldn't even get one straight and it was just way to inefficient for us to consider. I have a neighbor that bought one, and for what they needed, it's perfect. I build most of their fence, so they just needed to be able to skip a post in here and there on the old fences. I also think that the same style of driving mechanism, hung on a sliding mast similar to my machine, would be the ticket for the conditions I saw around Fence's place in TX. I just don't like all that it takes to stay right over a post with them mounted on a loader. :D

greybeard":2i3y10n2 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":2i3y10n2 said:
True Grit Farms":2i3y10n2 said:
Is this the same person that was selling the contractor Gripple tool as the best, do everything tool?

We sell them, but Fence is the one that uses them for everything. I even saw him eying one while he was skinning a deer. I'm sure he'll eventually get that figured out. :nod:
And his wife probably now has something else to ask about when she empties his pockets before doing the laundry--'what are these things?" ...or complain about when a gripple is bangin around in the dryer..
(You can guess how I know this..)

That's what's known as an "East Texas Mud Room Maraca". :lol2:

greybeard":xpss6lm2 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":xpss6lm2 said:
True Grit Farms":xpss6lm2 said:
Is this the same person that was selling the contractor Gripple tool as the best, do everything tool?

We sell them, but Fence is the one that uses them for everything. I even saw him eying one while he was skinning a deer. I'm sure he'll eventually get that figured out. :nod:
And his wife probably now has something else to ask about when she empties his pockets before doing the laundry--'what are these things?" ...or complain about when a gripple is bangin around in the dryer..

She keeps any money. Gripples, pocket knives and ammo i have to buy back.

callmefence":3pkscghj said:
greybeard":3pkscghj said:
Farm Fence Solutions":3pkscghj said:

She keeps any money. Gripples, pocket knives and ammo i have to buy back.
Just be sure your buying back clean ones..... :lol2:

As far as American post drivers go, I think it is hard to beat a Shaver. The HD-12 grand slam springless is very impressive. Their is a video of it pounding posts alongside the danuser and it absolutely blows the danuser away. I've seen the kinghitters (what one of our main competitors here uses) and they are just horribly slow and ineffecient. I know another guy here who bought a danuser, seen him using it once but now he shows up to most every fence job with his shaver.

fence_it":huuqarbk said:
As far as American post drivers go, I think it is hard to beat a Shaver. The HD-12 grand slam springless is very impressive. Their is a video of it pounding posts alongside the danuser and it absolutely blows the danuser away. I've seen the kinghitters (what one of our main competitors here uses) and they are just horribly slow and ineffecient. I know another guy here who bought a danuser, seen him using it once but now he shows up to most every fence job with his shaver.

I would estimate that I've driven somewhere north of 100,000 posts with a Shaver. Thank God that part of my life is behind me, but it was certainly better than hand digging all of them. :lol: What model of Kinghitter? (Made in New Zealand, BTW) The few I've been around seemed to be pretty good units. One of these days, we need to get you on a plane to visit......We'll get you switched to the dark side. :lol:

FF, when you get to wanting to test that rock spike you just let me know. I've got the perfect place you can practice on :D

Farm Fence Solutions":fw7rmur7 said:
fence_it":fw7rmur7 said:

I would estimate that I've driven somewhere north of 100,000 posts with a Shaver. Thank God that part of my life is behind me, but it was certainly better than hand digging all of them. :lol: What model of Kinghitter? (Made in New Zealand, BTW) The few I've been around seemed to be pretty good units. One of these days, we need to get you on a plane to visit......We'll get you switched to the dark side. :lol:

Dont get me wrong, I would use one of them fancy British machines in a heartbeat! Dont know if Dad would go for it though, he is a bit old and set in his ways. :cowboy: Not having to pay someone 15/hr to sit in the seat might sway him though.

I think the Kinghitter is a series 2? I know the mast is ridiculously tall and it requires a 80hp tractor. Not ideal for many of our rural small acreage properties around here. There is a farm equipment dealer here that sells them, popular in the vineyards and berry fields for pounding trellis post. They are ridicously slow compared compared to the shaver, or maybe the guy I was watching pound didnt know what he was doing. All I know is ive watched them spend 3 minutes on a post that would have taken us 30 seconds. Same deal with the Danuser, slow.

fence_it":2z5k6x3w said:
Farm Fence Solutions":2z5k6x3w said:
fence_it":2z5k6x3w said:

Dont get me wrong, I would use one of them fancy British machines in a heartbeat! Dont know if Dad would go for it though, he is a bit old and set in his ways. :cowboy: Not having to pay someone 15/hr to sit in the seat might sway him though.

I think the Kinghitter is a series 2? I know the mast is ridiculously tall and it requires a 80hp tractor. Not ideal for many of our rural small acreage properties around here. There is a farm equipment dealer here that sells them, popular in the vineyards and berry fields for pounding trellis post. They are ridicously slow compared compared to the shaver, or maybe the guy I was watching pound didnt know what he was doing. All I know is ive watched them spend 3 minutes on a post that would have taken us 30 seconds. Same deal with the Danuser, slow.

I've got a Dad that used to be just like that. :lol:

Ohio Cowboy":3rc9892x said:
FF, when you get to wanting to test that rock spike you just let me know. I've got the perfect place you can practice on :D

The rock spike is already well tested! :lol:

callmefence":24u8yh4m said:
The rock spikes look great for pipe.
I still can't for the life of me see how y'all drive those big wood corners through bed rock.

I liked to know how too, We cant with our shaver. Fist size or smaller rock you can usually make it work, but any bigger and its a no go for pounding. We dont have a rock spike or pilot auger. When it comes to putting post in rock we drill with a beltec hydraulic rock auger. Then either tamp with gravel or concrete. For solid rock, we have a rock drill, not fun to use.

The little box with the button is the only big change I made. An auto level mast ought to save quite a bit of time. :nod:

Farm Fence Solutions":pz2vbj2o said:

The little box with the button is the only big change I made. An auto level mast ought to save quite a bit of time. :nod:

I think you should bring it down to my farm and test it. It is the least I can do. I promise I can find somewhere for you to fence. I will pay for the wire.

Bright Raven":3f0ffa4u said:
Farm Fence Solutions":3f0ffa4u said:

I think you should bring it down to my farm and test it. It is the least I can do. I promise I can find somewhere for you to fence. I will pay for the wire.

Never heard that one before. :lol:

Latest posts