New Holland

Help Support CattleToday:

Hope do well with it Caustic, I have NH 7610, and its beena piece of junk. Made in Mexico, the Bush Hog loader with the quick disconect thats on it has been a dream

I'm not really brand loyal on tractors, I just look for something that is designed simple, and easy to maintain.

And that is getting more and more difficult to find now days.

ToddFarmsInc":165za5nm said:
I'm not really brand loyal on tractors, I just look for something that is designed simple, and easy to maintain.

And that is getting more and more difficult to find now days.

Reminds me of my first Electronic Injected tractor of not too long ago. I couldn't figure out how to stop it for a few minutes. There was no choke :) Southern ingenuity soon figured out I could just turn the key off. :eek:

houstoncutter":149kzmx2 said:
Hope do well with it Caustic, I have NH 7610, and its beena piece of junk. Made in Mexico, the Bush Hog loader with the quick disconect thats on it has been a dream

So far so good as it is living in the hay field, cut about 30 acres yesterday and 25 the day before.
Keep the baler hooked to the old Massey and the rakes to the Kubota. I hated changing implements this time of year, when you are cutting one field in the morning and bailing another in the afternoon. The jury will be out for a while as the Massey is pushing 30 years and the Kubota 15. I ran an old Ford 3000 for years on the rakes and finally sold it cause it didn't have power steering.

Caustic Burno":pfbzrtkg said:
houstoncutter":pfbzrtkg said:

So far so good as it is living in the hay field, cut about 30 acres yesterday and 25 the day before.
Keep the baler hooked to the old Massey and the rakes to the Kubota. I hated changing implements this time of year, when you are cutting one field in the morning and bailing another in the afternoon. The jury will be out for a while as the Massey is pushing 30 years and the Kubota 15. I ran an old Ford 3000 for years on the rakes and finally sold it cause it didn't have power steering.

I did not realize you had a Kubota, how do you like it?

My first tractor was a Ford 3000 without power steering, when I got the 4630 I realized what I had been missing.

Mahoney Pursley Ranch":3aj29q9c said:
CB,didn't you also have a Kioti ?

Yes I did, sold it at the beginning of the year. Good made tractor roughest riding tractor I have ever sat on.
It actually scared me on these hills it was one of those short coupled ones and I always felt it was about to turn over when carrying a load.

Caustic Burno":23jll4k1 said:
It actually scared me on these hills it was one of those short coupled ones and I always felt it was about to turn over when carrying a load.

I had a friend killed pulling a wagon of wood out of hilly terrain. Not something to be taken lightly.

Caustic Burno":3pspyy4r said:
Mahoney Pursley Ranch":3pspyy4r said:
CB,didn't you also have a Kioti ?

Yes I did, sold it at the beginning of the year. Good made tractor roughest riding tractor I have ever sat on.

The length of the wheelbase is everything when it comes to ride quality.
That is my second biggest complaint about my old Masseys. The 165D and the 275D are awfully rough riding. Another 8" in the wheel base would help that a lot. The old Deeres and Farmalls that collectors prize had loooong wheel bases.
Newer model Deeres put the operator ahead of the rear axle. That helps a lot. You don't get that whiplash thing.

Latest posts