new holland tractors

Help Support CattleToday:

makemfat":2tpatoue said:
I loved my TN65D cab tractor. But as for it's origins....nothing Ford about it. New Holland is Fiat. Sold elsewhere in the world as IVECO. Great equipment if you have a good dealer.....just not Fords.
Fiat may Own CNH but alot of the NH series tractors are still the same as the older Fords with a few advances
alot of them still use the same transmission,axles and engines that were in the fords
No they aren't named ford but some models are basically the same tractor as before

Mine is Orange and is a 2004 Kabota MX5000. Lighter than I like but the price was right. Got a total of 360 hrs on it. It works well for me.
~Tom.

NH has a new tractor that just came out called the Workmaster. Comes in 45hp and 55hp and its suppose to be a economical option for someone looking for a mid size new tractor. Anybody know anything about them? I've been told, by my local dealer, one can be had for around $20k for a 2wd with a loader. I've been looking for a new tractor around 50-60hp with a loader. The thing I can't figure out is it seems you can buy a new tractor for cheaper than you can a decent used. When I say used I'm looking for something around 7 years old or newer. Everything i've seen is $15k or more and some are that much without a loader, why would anybody pay that instead of buying new?

killingtime":7c7m05gq said:
NH has a new tractor that just came out called the Workmaster. Comes in 45hp and 55hp and its suppose to be a economical option for someone looking for a mid size new tractor. Anybody know anything about them? I've been told, by my local dealer, one can be had for around $20k for a 2wd with a loader. I've been looking for a new tractor around 50-60hp with a loader. The thing I can't figure out is it seems you can buy a new tractor for cheaper than you can a decent used. When I say used I'm looking for something around 7 years old or newer. Everything i've seen is $15k or more and some are that much without a loader, why would anybody pay that instead of buying new?

Just a new name on the mid range TT series.

Stay away from the 2wd TD series if you want to put a loader on it. I have replaced the drag link twice from bending like a pretzel and it is rubbing the bottom of the front end housing. I'm going to take it in shortly to see if NH can permanently fix the problem.

One of the important things to think about when comparing tractors in any horsepower range is to look at and compare the WEIGHTS of the tractor.

Weight affects traction and stability/safety. Weight also affects cost to build the tractor. When major manufacturers such as John Deere measure the output of a tractor or combine factory they talk about the "TONS" of product shipped, not the number of units.

Especially in the smaller or midsize (horsepower) tractors you will see huge differences in the weights of tractors. Sure you can add fluid in the tires etc but then the durability of the tractor is a factor also.

Older used tractors used a lot of cast iron in the frame and probably weigh more than newer designed tractors.

I suggest you compare tractors on a dollars per pound basis rather than a dollars per horsepower basis. Pounds are more expensive than horsepower but as important or more important in a tractor.

jmho. Jim

Caustic Burno":rlh4sg2j said:
killingtime":rlh4sg2j said:

Just a new name on the mid range TT series.

Well is ethier one worth a count?

I bought a TT series a couple years ago and have been satisfied so far very simple tractor no wistle and bells.
I had enough whistle and bell problems. Now all new brooms sweep good so only time will tell, be hard to beat the old 77 Massey. The Massey has had the alternator rebuilt twice the injectors rebuilt a couple years ago and a new clutch.

I looked on the internet for info on the models I was looking at, some of the compact New Hollands had some pretty bad reports, so I went with a Kubota and love it. I have a friend with a large New Holland and it stays in the shop most of the time, usually electronic control issues. Just do a good search on the forums for whichever models you are looking at.

I looked at New Hollands last summer when I bought my new one. I looked at New Holland, Case, Kubota, and John Deere. When I crunched the numbers, I bought a new John Deere 5093.

The JD 5093 came standard with cab, on demand 4WD, and the shuttle 12/12 transmission. 93HP at the engine, 75 HP at the PTO. I absolutely love the tractor. I've got about 400 hours on it and am nothing but satsified. With loader, I paid about $41,000 for it.

Frankly, I thought I got a more featured tractor for the money with the John Deere than any of the other tractors.

SaddleSore":19lbcgec said:
I'd think twice about buying one made in Mexico, heard some horror stories about those.

I talked to a guy that used to be a parts man at the local NH dealership yesterday and he said the NH tractors that come from Italy have more quality problems than the ones from Mexico. He also said that NH as a whole has nowhere the quality that the Ford tractors had. Just for the record, he now works at a Deere dealership.

For whatever category tractor you are considering, find out who sells the most. If a model sells poorly, parts will also become scarce and expensive.
Some tractors, if they sell enough copies, become available in the aftermarket. Some of the popular Deeres and IH's could almost be duplicated in independent parts catalogs.

Comes down to:
1) Do you like the dealer
2) Can you get parts.

That's the only reason I use JD exclusively.

highgrit":19rtvopt said:
Deere has proven it will out last all other tractor companies, gotta be worth something.
Lol come on man you can't be serious with a blanket statement like that. All brands are good when cared for properly, all brands break down, and all brands can have the occasional lemon. Just like the truck debate of Ford vs Chevy vs Dodge. We all have our preferences based on experience, break downs, dealers, and friends that have them.

True,
I've always been a Case fan but these mergers and buyouts leave me wondering if I'll run into a parts problem somewhere down the line. I feel more confident in John Deere though I don't think they make a better tractor.

Latest posts