new holland tractors

Help Support CattleToday:

tiger hunter

Reaction score
thinking about buying 2 brand new new holland tractors.want to know what you think about them? have a outstanding dealer in my area so service is not a problem. have always run ford tractors i think they were the best made no question about that in my mind.but the new holland tractor is different than the old ford.i was color blind when ford made tractors.not so sure about that now.

Tiger Hunter, shouldn't be any difference at all... New Holland took a Ford tractor and stuck a New Holland label on it. Then bought CASE to get the red paint that came with International so they could paint em red. Not sure what happened to the International tractors CASE were sticking labels on. Might be putting New Holland labels on them too. :p

Depends on which ones you get
I switched from JD to NH a few yrs ago and I am satisfied enough with them I bought a New one last yr
I run the TS110s and the new one is a T6030
I average close to a 1000 hrs a yr on each
the new one I haven't used as much since I bought it but it does have over 500hrs and No problems

I beleive the TD90 is the same as the old 6610 fords Have been told that by more than 1 person and they weren't a dealer either but are very knowledgeable about tractors

in the smaller category tractor I couldn't tell you anything about them

1982vett":357cwubu said:
Tiger Hunter, shouldn't be any difference at all... New Holland took a Ford tractor and stuck a New Holland label on it. Then bought CASE to get the red paint that came with International so they could paint em red. Not sure what happened to the International tractors CASE were sticking labels on. Might be putting New Holland labels on them too. :p
Case still makes tractors the MX series are darn good tractors

I would consider one if the dealer support was up to par. I personally don't care much for the dealership in my area, so I have chosen to stick with the green ones instead.

I don't know if the green ones are any better than the blue, but the dealership certainly is.

As pointed out above, I think rather than to say one tractor BRAND is better or worse than another you really need to compare model to model.

The major ag tractor companies today are designing/sourcing/building tractors all over the world. Some hp models are better than other hp models. The designs are VERY different.

In a loader/livestock tractor within a given hp model the first thing I would look at is the total weight of the tractor. Weight is what gives you traction, keeps you on the ground and provides strength and longevity. Weight is also cost. This is the bare weight of the tractor. Tractors that look alike may have a huge difference in weight. Choosing between tractors with similar features in the hp range I want:

The first consideration in a tractor purchase for me is the dealer. Is he going to be there 5 years from now. Does he stock parts. Does he have someone in the shop who knows how to fix the products he sells.

The second consideration for me when comparing similar tractors from similar dealers is WEIGHT. In any given hp tractor I will buy the heavier tractor over the lighter one. The lighter one will usually cost less. I look at a cost per pound. I like the older cast iron designs. I like larger tire sizes.

Jim

Must be at leaast a decent company with a decent product - they are still selling to someone - if they were pieces of crap they would have been out of business long ago

[Bez]

Dun had a point you gotta compare apples to apples but me personally love New Holland I do have a MF nd some deere's but love the NH'S but I am in market now for a Kubota. I used a neighbors to see how I would like it and I loved it.

Calman":20xzgyd4 said:
After the third engine and 600hrs the TD95 seems to do great.

Cal

:p Well, at least it could be fixed....just think how you would feel if it couldn't.

We used to be blue to the bone, but the last tractor bought was a Deere and I love it. Still have some blue paint (Ford, not NH) and no complaints. I'd think twice about buying one made in Mexico, heard some horror stories about those. I've heard MF has come a long way and is a lot more dependable than some of the earlier models. I used a Kubota 4X4 with a loader recently and the engine & tranny were sooooo smooth.

I loved my TN65D cab tractor. But as for it's origins....nothing Ford about it. New Holland is Fiat. Sold elsewhere in the world as IVECO. Great equipment if you have a good dealer.....just not Fords.

makemfat":245rwgk0 said:
I loved my TN65D cab tractor. But as for it's origins....nothing Ford about it. New Holland is Fiat. Sold elsewhere in the world as IVECO. Great equipment if you have a good dealer.....just not Fords.
Only in the compact tractors are they FIAT just like the JD compacts are YANMAR
the TD and TS series are still made like some of the fords and they are built by Case/New Holland not fiat
the TD is a newer styled series 10 ford like the 6610 and the 7710s
the TS series also has the same 4wd front end as the older TW series fords

Fiat owns case/newholland. Yanmar does not own deere, they just make tractors for deere. All case/newholland tractors are fiat.
I'm not nocking case/newholland I think they are a great tractor, I'm just trying to state the facts.

Latest posts