new holland skidsteer

Help Support CattleToday:

uplandnut

Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with a New Holland lx885 skidsteer? There is a pretty reasonable one for sale in my area with a bucket, forks, and brush hog. Unit looks clean and well taken care of, has new injectors and pump and good tires. Curious if these were reliable machines or stay away.

uplandnut":3hy7a2il said:
Anyone have any experience with a New Holland lx885 skidsteer? There is a pretty reasonable one for sale in my area with a bucket, forks, and brush hog. Unit looks clean and well taken care of, has new injectors and pump and good tires. Curious if these were reliable machines or stay away.

They mostly had electrical issues... if its running its just like the rest does its job.

I had one for a few years. I don't think they are JD,Cat,Gehl quality but they are not bad machines. I would not recommend putting tracks on it unless you want to replace the pump seals. It's an older machine. How many hours on it?

In those years the JD. is a new holland. The JD did have a JD. engine. Never had or heard of electrical problems with those. Not much electric to go wrong.

brunel":283qwah6 said:
In those years the JD. is a new holland. The JD did have a JD. engine. Never had or heard of electrical problems with those. Not much electric to go wrong.

Computer issues to be more specific.

I've got one, for what it is I'm satisfied with it. Mine is pretty rough, keep saying one of these days I'm going to fix all the little crap wrong with it but it still starts and runs. They're 2200 lb machines, mine will pick up two 5x4 rolls off the trailer at a time when unloading hay but you don't want to stop very fast carrying both.

Not a big fan of the foot controls in rough ground, but beggars can't be choosers.