New face of AHA

Help Support CattleToday:

*Cowgirl*":1f4ml5zj said:
Check out the Hereford ad on page 47 of Progressive Farmer. :santa:

I don't even have to look it up to know you are stirring the pot.

I got my final Progressive Farmer magazine this week. My subscription has run out. It has become one sorry publication. I guess I'm hijacking..........

Here's a hint, they don't have to pay for expensive color advertising to show their animals, simple black & white does their job.

"New face of the AHA"

If you're talking about an ad for Black Herefords, as far as I know the AHA doesn't recognize Black Herefords as a Hereford.

I pretty sure I'm right on this one.

Alan

Alan":euw4im1p said:
"New face of the AHA"

If you're talking about an ad for Black Herefords, as far as I know the AHA doesn't recognize Black Herefords as a Hereford.

Alan

I am almost sure of it to Alan.JHH

rocket2222":2p320a1b said:
Thier useing a picture of a black baldy, trying to get angus breeders to use a hereford bull.

Their was a similar ad in one of the recent Hereford World magazines. May be the same one I dont get the progressive Farmer. JHH

Alan":2200ky89 said:
"New face of the AHA"

Alan

That's right. That's why they had to start the American Black Hereford Association.

I agree JT,

Progressive Farmer has become a sorry publication, for city folks who have moved to the country and need to the very basics of agriculture. I have no problem with this type of a magazine, but don't disquise it under the name "Progressive Farmer" when there aren't any articles directed toward farmers who make a living off the land.

Alan":7k5q51na said:
"New face of the AHA"

Alan

Usually I would let something like this slide, but since I'm in a pretty good debate on another thread I feel it would be better for me to clear this up. When I made the above statement it was completly tongue in cheek. Going back to the ABBA, American Black Baldy Association thread.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Alan

I decided to actually look at the ad. The ad is pushing the value of heterosis that you get between the hereford and angus crosses. The article right beside it is basically defining what the ad is all about.

If you have some questions about th ABHA and it does exsist contrary to what some minds believe, check out the black hereford site.

texbulldog":1u2z4i3a said:
If you have some questions about th ABHA and it does exsist contrary to what some minds believe, check out the black hereford site.

No such thing as a Black Hereford it is not recognized by the AHA. You and some others got together and formed an association based on a single trait black.

I am going to start one but I am not going to try and BS the Rexall Ranger's. I am going to tell them upfront it is BS.

For anyone interested it is going to be SBBA
the Super Black Baldy Association.
You can cross any black cow with a Hereford Bull Horned or Polled and we will supply you with some BS EPD's.

Latest posts