New Comer

Help Support CattleToday:

KsCTMan

Reaction score
Hey everyone i am new to the board but have been reading every post that has been coming through here. from waht ive read this question gets asked alot so id hate to ask it agian but im going to. i am going to college for general ag degree and when i graduate i plan on taking out a loan and starting my own small livestock ranch in kansas. i have done some caculations and figurins and figure on buying 15 head of cattle, hopefully angus or hertford, and 1 bull which will be angus. now that i got all that out of the way i was had a few questions.
1. what shots do you ussualy give to the calves once they are born?
2. what if any shots do you give your cows during the winter?

thats all the ones i can think of now but im sure youll get alot more before im through with yall thank ya

calves Vit A,D and selineum plus 1st Defense
cows Ivomec pour on, Pfizer 4L5+fp, and scour gaurd

Depends on your area. Some calves need shots for things in one area and don;t in others. Cows get the standard lepto/vibrio, bovi-shield and 7 way clostridial w/somnus, plus wormed and back poured. That's basically the spring program, fall lepto/vibrio and wormed.
At weaningthe calves get bovishield, clostridials w/somnus and wormed. Heifers we'll retain get lepto/vibrio, then a couple of weeks later they get boosters

dun

None.

Calves get weighed, tagged, and a pill (scour guard) within a day of birth. If I can catch them!

Latest posts