New colts

Help Support CattleToday:

tapeworm

Reaction score
Folks this is Spring...bound to be lots of babies on the ground. Whats the matter??? Are your colts all ugly??? Lets see some pictures. Please :lol:

Need to wait, Momma is doing very well.

Here is a picture of last years colt taken this month.

toosmartforjac2.JPG

No foals here 'till mid May, tapeworm. Not worth losing them in a spring blizzard. Basically no spring till May up here anyway. ;-)

When they start hitting the ground I'll post some pics for you, but you have to return the favour if you're having any colts this year, k?

Take care.

ps. Cute colt, Fellers! Made my day watching your movie. Thank you.

Thank everbody for there replies..really liked your Fellers Barn One Ranch. Canada Annie I always lookforward to seeing some of your picture taking so I will be glad to wait...you folks have got 10 months of winter and 2 months of highwind from all the skeeters dont you??? Im not able to take any pictures and couldnt put them in a posting if I could...might could get one of the kids to help me if they ever come around. Wont really matter though cause if I have any foals here Ill have the TV people come out and get some tape for you. Nothing but horses on my place anymore....dont remember the last mare I had...so havinga foal out of my stock will sure be something for the news. LOL
Thanks all!!!!

To any of you that isn't familiar with gaited horses as foals--they are supposed to look that way in the legs. I know you probably felt sorry for the little horse colt with the funny legs, but don't worry--all is right in the barnyard. Named him "TITAN the Pusher" Now if that other mare would just get with it.

WOW! Those sure are some long legs under that little guy! Do horses have a harder time giving birth then cows with all those legs up in there to get tangled up? Has anyone ever had twin colts? Come to think of it, I've never heard of twin colts being born?

twin pregnancy is not considered safe in horses. Most won't carry to term and either abort or absorb one. Takes a while for them to get those legs stretched out! A horse's legs are about their mature legnth at their birth.

DV20050416083451.jpg

Only 3 weeks late, but she had him this am--4:00. Another champagne colt--no name yet. Better picture later--have a great weekend, all!

Fellers,
Looks like a nice couple of foals, gave my good mare last year off, but getting A.I. next week... again. Using a great stallion but he's getting pretty old and his motility rate is pretty low Hopefully I'll have some pics next year. But, you really have some great looking stock.

Congrats!
Alan

Great foals Fellersbarnone!!! Thank you!!! I knew you would come through if they did!! Already named them do ya?? I woulda called those like yours Wednesday and Saturday....am I the only one to ever do that??? Thank you again!!!! Look forward to seeing yours next year Alan

Latest posts