New bull

Help Support CattleToday:

Good looking bull although I am not impressed with his weaning weight or yearling weight.

I really like the look of your bull, however I too question his numbers. How did he ratio in his contemporary group? I will be eager to see how his progeny preform. I have always put more stock in how an animal preforms relavative to his contemporary group then the numbers themselves, but a mid 8 yearling weight seems to low to ignore.

He looks good Aaron, you know your going to have problems with that deep eye set though, he's going to have to walk with his head turned to one side or the other to be able to see where he's going, and end up with a bad crick in his neck. :)

When I choose bull good muscle and conformation is very important, and medium frame is better than big in the long run. He really looks like a cowfather!

Aaron":3naa5hme said:
brandonm_13":3naa5hme said:
I'm curious. What is his frame score and mature weight? Some have knocked his ww and yw. I think the numbers are fine, but if he was smaller framed, then they would really be fine.

I don't know either numbers for certain, but I estimate his frame at around 5 and his current weight a little below 1600. He had a much smaller frame then any of the other bulls and had a lot of muscle definition. His numbers are nothing fantastic, but the visual package is what sold me. Paid $2600.

Aaron

When you are done with him and if he is sound with no attitude - you give me a shout.

Regards

Bez+

The bull is in the top 10-15% phenotype-wise. The weaning weight isn't so horrible for a smaller frame bull, but the yearling weight is lower than I would like. However, we don't know the entire story regarding possible sickness, bad year for forage, etc. Regardless, a bull that looks that good has a place in the equation IMO.

Latest posts