New Bull What do you think?

Help Support CattleToday:

RedAngus121

Reaction score
Coley's 234R Advance 614S

Coleys234son.jpg

We bought him this past saterday at Coley Cattle company. In the picture he does look alittle shallow but in person he is very deep.

Reg# 1117837

I like the looks of him. Is he by any chance a young bull ? Maybe close to a 2 year old ?

RedAngus121":3af3svb3 said:
Coley's 234R Advance 614S

Coleys234son.jpg

We bought him this past saterday at Coley Cattle company. In the picture he does look alittle shallow but in person he is very deep.

Reg# 1117837

I'm not picking at you but is he really that straight from his shoulder to his tail? It looks kind of like the pic has been messed with a little. I really am not trying to start anything and he is a stud ;-)

This is a well-balanced youngster, with a level top line, notwithstanding the photographers enhancements, which were not really necessary. He has a level rump, full, well carried- down and deep hindquarters for a yearling bull. His crest is well developed, indicating early testosterone production which has helped the maturity of his leg bone. Excellent scrotal size.

I would question his prepuce structure and watch it carefully if he is going to be in weedy or high-growth pasture.

His Birth weight is a little high, and his marbling score is not good - his REA is acceptable but not outstanding.

Altogether, this is a very acceptable 'herd bull' yearling, and should grow into a fine addition to any herd.

DOC HARRIS

Not sure how it is in the RA association, but in ours, by the time the sale rolls around, the pic is anywhere from 4 to 6 mos old. A lot can change in 6 mos, as far as growth,etc.

Glad you are satisfied with your purchase and good luck with him.

tncattle":2gh9b1wq said:
I'm not picking at you but is he really that straight from his shoulder to his tail? It looks kind of like the pic has been messed with a little. I really am not trying to start anything and he is a stud ;-)

as long as the picture hasnt been messed with (and i assume it has not), this is most likely a result of low resolution. with higher resolution, you would see a little variation at least. with low res, there is only 1 big row to color or not.