Never Say Never

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
Due to some circumstances out of my control and a weak spot in my heart I've broken a promise I made to myself regarding bottle feeding calves. I think I'll name the little shyt, Bruce Lee for obvious reasons. :lol2:

Well Jo we all know that you know how to post pictures. How about a pic of the little heartbreaker?

I always say "never again" but I never stick to it. Now that it is possible to break even with an extra calf or two I might actually be glad to do it. This year I have Sara.

Those little "turds" are bringing a mint lately...If it were mine, next sale it would be gone. ;-)

Well I almost did but the little bugger would not suck it. Had to tube him 3 times before I could get someone to come and get him. I am like you, I hate bottle feeding.

Shoulda sent it back home with your son. My wife would have driven over in a heartbeat. She almost was ready to drive up to GA as it is

Here are some pictures of Mr. Bruce Lee. His mother was #57 aka Lucifer's Daughter. She is/was a brangus and was evil as can be and just dared you to step into the field on your own. I think the Brucester knicked her inside during calving most probably with one of his infamous death kicks. She was dead immediately after the death kick but she was so ornery and mean it took about two weeks for her to go down with what some might mistakenly call an infection but I know it was one of the hooves of fury.
To spare her any suffering and to get back at her for some of her past misdeeds and evil gestures toward me I put her down myself. It was much more satisfying than putting her on a trailer.

IMG_4949.jpg

I'm sure from the picture many of you are thinking that little calf couldn't have hooves of fury or know how to do a round house kick. I'm sure you are thinking it impossible for a two week old calf to have a six foot kick. If so, here is another picture showing Bruce stretching for our sparring event. If those hind legs can't easily reach out six foot then I didn't invent creme filled pork rinds. :nod:

IMG_4944.jpg

I can smell the evil in him over the internet. Watch yourself at all times. :shock:

You must be heartbroken over losing his mother. :lol:

3waycross":1fzkcgb4 said:

Yes, I was too distraught to even dig a hole and bury her. Instead I just pushed her into a gator hole. Sorta like a burial at see type thing. It was a teary moment I assure you. :lol2: (In my grief I could swear I heard a song. Something like "ding dong the witch is dead" or something to that affect. Now I'm down to one more of these evil creatures. Gosh I'd love to sell her but man is she is good mother and the coyotes don't have a chance.)

3waycross":11ywq5hd said:

Yes, I was too distraught to even dig a hole and bury her. Instead I just pushed her into a gator hole. Sorta like a burial at sea type thing. It was a teary moment I assure you. :lol2: (In my grief I could swear I heard a song. Something like "ding dong the witch is dead" or something to that affect. Now I'm down to one more of these evil creatures. Gosh I'd love to sell her but man is she is good mother and the coyotes don't have a chance.)

What I really like is the dog.. nice heeler!

we usually end up having to bottle 1 calf a year for some time, usually it's if they're sick, so once they're on their feet they're back with the mother...

For us.. so far 19 years at an average of 15-20 a year, every one has had a name.. I think we accidentally duplicated maybe 3 names... it takes a bit of creativity to come up with them!

Latest posts