Never outside

Help Support CattleToday:

Bigfoot

Reaction score
Weird observation. Took the boy in for a back to school haircut today. Somebody in the barbershop commented on when they drive by our house somebody is always outside. Not surprising, because we don't really go in till bedtime. All the way home, I didn't see a single person outside. Not a sole in their yard or anything. Never realized, how infrequently you see somebody out actually doing something. Occasionally mowing their yard, but seldom doing anything else. What in the world are they doing?

What are they doing?

All the things of the World.

I have a fundamental foundation to my philosophy. It is the basis of all else:

We use up our time and return to the elements.

Does it matter whether it is inside or out?

Bright Raven":2vfncvo0 said:
What are they doing?

To me. Yes. I'm not going to be in the house till I have to.

Bigfoot":2ornjcah said:
Bright Raven":2ornjcah said:
What are they doing?

To me. Yes. I'm not going to be in the house till I have to.

I like that. I loved late evenings outside when I was a youngster. I will sadly admit. As I get older, the comfort of inside is harder to resist.

They're sitting inside watching TV, playing video games, sitting in front of computer screens, fooling around with their I-Pads-smart phones-etc. Some may be at "the mall" shopping. A few might actually be reading a book. In my area, I will see a few folks out in their yards gardening, or another neighbor's kids playing with their pony, another couple of guys working/tinkering with an old vehicle. But the closer I get to town, the less people I see outside.

Bigfoot":91lbprrg said:
Weird observation. Took the boy in for a back to school haircut today. Somebody in the barbershop commented on when they drive by our house somebody is always outside. Not surprising, because we don't really go in till bedtime. All the way home, I didn't see a single person outside. Not a sole in their yard or anything. Never realized, how infrequently you see somebody out actually doing something. Occasionally mowing their yard, but seldom doing anything else. What in the world are they doing?
I know what you're talking about Bigfoot and I see it too. BUT....I've worked hard all my life, long hours some times and very labor intensive. Not so much the latter part of my "working life". When I came home all I wanted to do was change clothes and go to bed. I missed a lot of what could have been good family time. The last 15-18 years I changed and now I do what needs doing, sit down on my azz when I can and if I want take a nap....might drink a few beers but dang sure am not always outside. There's more to life than being a busy body just for the he!! of it. Monday I started before daylight and didn't quit until late but I was doing something enjoyable.....yesterday it rained. I never got out of the house but I did things inside that I still enjoy doing. Read about 200 pages in a good book, balanced a couple of rations for a friend in the dairy business and watched some TV.....today I worked at the VA Hospital (volunteer). No idea about the rest of the week but not worrying about whether it's inside or outside. It's gonna be a good day.

I always find something to do , I can't sit still very long. Today's society is far removed from the lifestyle of being outdoors other than going to the park , cutting grass or hanging out on the patio. My wife told me this week that the new assistant warden was blown away that she knew how to drive a tractor and helped me make hay.

TexasBred":dn5qnrug said:
Bigfoot":dn5qnrug said:
I know what you're talking about Bigfoot and I see it too. BUT....I've worked hard all my life, long hours some times and very labor intensive. Not so much the latter part of my "working life". When I came home all I wanted to do was change clothes and go to bed. I missed a lot of what could have been good family time. The last 15-18 years I changed and now I do what needs doing, sit down on my azz when I can and if I want take a nap....might drink a few beers but dang sure am not always outside. There's more to life than being a busy body just for the he!! of it. Monday I started before daylight and didn't quit until late but I was doing something enjoyable.....yesterday it rained. I never got out of the house but I did things inside that I still enjoy doing. Read about 200 pages in a good book, balanced a couple of rations for a friend in the dairy business and watched some TV.....today I worked at the VA Hospital (volunteer). No idea about the rest of the week but not worrying about whether it's inside or outside. It's gonna be a good day.

Amen. You packed a lot into that time my good friend. Your positive attitude gives me a lift. Thank you.

Going to town is one of my least favorite things to do in life. I'm on the lookout for wildlife and idiots when I go to town. Yesterday my neighbor was mowing the side of the road, otherwise I see no one and I sorta like it that way.

Was bed ridden last summer,every day im outside now is a blessing... Able to do the things I use to now ..though Slower.ill take it any day,.aggrivated at working on equipment this year. But it beats the heck out of the alternative...

M-5":2b05463m said:
I always find something to do , I can't sit still very long. Today's society is far removed from the lifestyle of being outdoors other than going to the park , cutting grass or hanging out on the patio. My wife told me this week that the new assistant warden was blown away that she knew how to drive a tractor and helped me make hay.

It's hard to make hay by yourself.

True Grit Farms":tfcxw2bi said:
M-5":tfcxw2bi said:

Actually it's not if the weather would cooperate

Just went 16 miles one way. Two different country roads, very populated. Saw 3 people outside. One drinking my beer in a lawn chair. 2 people cleaning a pool. Passed countless houses.

I hear ya Troy, I can't stand to be inside. I go inside to take a shower and go to bed. I keep wet wipes in my truck so I can shyt outside.

M-5":ub6b2lgv said:
True Grit Farms":ub6b2lgv said:
M-5":ub6b2lgv said:

Actually it's not if the weather would cooperate

Try it with a bunch of old worn out crap and not a **** clue what your doing.

Ol' 243":22ewlmes said:
I hear ya Troy, I can't stand to be inside. I go inside to take a shower and go to bed. I keep wet wipes in my truck so I can shyt outside.

I literally thought I was the only one did that. Keep em in the barn to. Hate to poop inside.

I have to be outside a good chunk of the time or I'm not fit for civil society. My family knows that if I ever get old/sick to the point where I can't sit outside even on a bitterly cold winter day for a least a few minutes, to shoot me. Also, if I can't take a shower for more than 2 days. Seriously, stick a fork in me.

If I am home you wouldn't see me cause I am inside on the phone with business or in a back pasture fishing or shooting.

Latest posts