Never gets old

Help Support CattleToday:

Those calves are chunks!

What's the coldest night you've had so far? I was expecting your leaves to have fallen by now.
Trying to get them all over 600lbs before they go, there's s big spread ($/h) between 5&6 weights right now. Heifers below 600 seem undervalued.

We've had 4-5 mornings a few degrees below zero but that's it so far. Highs in the mid to high 20's (C) all last week. It's been a little too nice, I wonder how we'll be paying for it, lol?

Those calves are looking really good, as is that grass. Our grass has been dormant for awhile now.
Calf prices are on the way down for sure, this is one of those years that selling light calves in the fall is a financial disaster. If a person has feed to hold over winter they will likely be worth a fortune as breeds next fall.
We are weaning this afternoon and shipping out tomorrow morning.

Those calves are looking really good, as is that grass. Our grass has been dormant for awhile now.
Calf prices are on the way down for sure, this is one of those years that selling light calves in the fall is a financial disaster. If a person has feed to hold over winter they will likely be worth a fortune as breeds next fall.
We are weaning this afternoon and shipping out tomorrow morning.
Light heifer prices are a joke when you think about all the cows that were culled because of drought. I think you're right there'll be lots of money in bred heifers next fall. I have to be careful though I have a bad habit of keeping them, lol. The feed/pasture situation has turned around enough here that I can probably hold anything light for winter and I probably will. Have a bit of grain left over from last year and a semi load of bean culls I don't need anymore (28%protein) so I might as well dig in.

Trying to get them all over 600lbs before they go, there's s big spread ($/h) between 5&6 weights right now. Heifers below 600 seem undervalued.

We've had 4-5 mornings a few degrees below zero but that's it so far. Highs in the mid to high 20's (C) all last week. It's been a little too nice, I wonder how we'll be paying for it, lol?
Just enjoy it. Tomorrow may never come. Today is a gift. That's why they call it the present.

Latest posts