Need your help please..

Help Support CattleToday:

HerefordSire":1a6b7r1c said:
larryshoat":1a6b7r1c said:
Herf I almost would have thought that you would be better than something like this. I can see I was wrong.

Larry

I have been known to pick the side of someone being abused at the expense of myself.
thats all fine if the person, taint a ass .

HerefordSire":luuxjq6a said:
S&WSigma40VEShooter":luuxjq6a said:
hillsdown":luuxjq6a said:
I wrote about my beloved Steffie before and her stage 4 transitional cell carcinoma. Well the dreaded has happened the cancer spread fast and hard, and Friday night she had a complete urethral blockage again and was unable to pee. Saturday morn. we had no other options but to put her to sleep. One of the worst days of my life. She was a loyal loving member of our family as well as working beside me almost everyday of her life.

The clinic called today and needs to know what I want engraved on the plated for her urn.
I am at a loss, all of have is Steffie, April 1997-August 15 2009. Our beloved little girl.
I need to say something more, but I can't seem to come up with the right words.

So if any of you have suggestions I would greatly appreciate it..

Thank you.

URN? WTF?

I was thinking the same thing.

Shame on you, HS. I would have given you credit for more class than than that.......

HS,someone is hurting-someone else said something crass and hurtful to them..You agreed with the crasser--Why?

peg4x4":1h6kv9ds said:
HS,someone is hurting-someone else said something crass and hurtful to them..You agreed with the crasser--Why?

It is not OK to mentally abuse someone. It may continue and it may be out of my control but I do not think it is right.

Thank you everyone for all of the kind words and for all of the very thoughtful PM's.. You truly are wonderful, compassionate and kind people.

I think maybe that might be enough as well, maybe just "The heavens have one more angel."

I am getting a portrait done of her by a very good artist and it will be mounted above the mantel on our fire place. I just have to go through all of her pics, hubby and I are disagreeing on what pic to use, he wants one when she was around 3 and I want one more recent. Maybe we can do one main one and a collage in the background. The placard on the urn will then be remounted on the picture frame.

I have chosen an urn for now because I want to bury her in my yard. Somewhere beautiful as beautiful as she was inside and out. I am thinking of doing some landscaping and planting something that will make me stop and smile ,like Steffie did all the time. My husband always kidded me about how my eyes would light up and I would always have the most beautiful smile on my face when I would look and talk to her, more than he has ever seen me when I look and talk to him. Which isn't true, but she had something so loving and pure in her that you just felt it when you were around her, everyone did. God must have been smiling upon us when he brought her into our lives . :heart:

For those I you that have never felt that love for or from someone, then you truly are missing out on one of the wonders of life.

Thank you all again your kind words, they mean a lot to me.

HerefordSire":r588d9f1 said:
peg4x4":r588d9f1 said:

It is not OK to mentally abuse someone. It may continue and it may be out of my control but I do not think it is right.
Ok,I'm confused--It's ok for someone to say something hurtful to someone in pain,but it's not ok to call that person to task for their transgression?
and it's ok to use abbreviations for curses?
Oh,and this will be the last time you hear from me(not that that will bother you)

I think I found the pic. It was still when we were at the dairy so a while ago ,but it shows her just as she was... :)

IMG_1777.jpg

peg4x4":1v2gdi7o said:
HerefordSire":1v2gdi7o said:
peg4x4":1v2gdi7o said:

Ok,I'm confused--It's ok for someone to say something hurtful to someone in pain,but it's not ok to call that person to task for their transgression?
and it's ok to use abbreviations for curses?
Oh,and this will be the last time you hear from me(not that that will bother you)

I interpreted the post as an inappropriate question. Being called names and made fun on a continual basis is likewise not appropriate.

Sorry for hurting your feelings hillsdown.

HS, good job
Hillsdown, I am sorry for your loss. The pic you choose will be real nice.
I understand your loss, alot of us probably do since we seem to be really attached to our pets. Eventually another one comes into your life, not to take Steffie's place, but to find a new place all their own. They have a way of doing that.

RR

HerefordSire":2vdy0mgk said:
S&WSigma40VEShooter":2vdy0mgk said:
hillsdown":2vdy0mgk said:
I wrote about my beloved Steffie before and her stage 4 transitional cell carcinoma. Well the dreaded has happened the cancer spread fast and hard, and Friday night she had a complete urethral blockage again and was unable to pee. Saturday morn. we had no other options but to put her to sleep. One of the worst days of my life. She was a loyal loving member of our family as well as working beside me almost everyday of her life.

The clinic called today and needs to know what I want engraved on the plated for her urn.
I am at a loss, all of have is Steffie, April 1997-August 15 2009. Our beloved little girl.
I need to say something more, but I can't seem to come up with the right words.

So if any of you have suggestions I would greatly appreciate it..

Thank you.

URN? WTF?

I was thinking the same thing.

Gee, why doesn't that surprise me. :roll:

I wasnt trying to verbally abuse anyone. All I said was is that I basically have never heard of anyone putting their dog in an urn. IN fact I thought it weird and morbid. The dog is not a person and is just an animal. We as farmers have to realize that this is a business and not get attached to our animals. If we got attached to them we would never cull our animals and would lose money and have a bunch of inbred cattle. My dog is just like my cows an employee. If at any point that employee does not perform they are fired (KILLED if a dog or sent to the slaughter house if they are a cow).

My dog is just like my cows an employee. If at any point that employee does not perform they are fired (KILLED if a dog or sent to the slaughter house if they are a cow).[/quote said:
HE'S BACK

TMBP RIDES AGAIN
:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :(

S&WSigma40VEShooter":167d8y20 said:
I wasnt trying to verbally abuse anyone. All I said was is that I basically have never heard of anyone putting their dog in an urn. IN fact I thought it weird and morbid. The dog is not a person and is just an animal. We as farmers have to realize that this is a business and not get attached to our animals. If we got attached to them we would never cull our animals and would lose money and have a bunch of inbred cattle. My dog is just like my cows an employee. If at any point that employee does not perform they are fired (KILLED if a dog or sent to the slaughter house if they are a cow).

I never had heard before that animal's ashes are placed in urns.

Latest posts