Need your help please..

Help Support CattleToday:

Our dogs are kind of like our children here. We have none due to circumstances beyond our control. We love our dogs. They will be buried on our farm.

S&WSigma40VEShooter":3khrk4y0 said:
I wasnt trying to verbally abuse anyone. All I said was is that I basically have never heard of anyone putting their dog in an urn. IN fact I thought it weird and morbid. The dog is not a person and is just an animal. We as farmers have to realize that this is a business and not get attached to our animals. If we got attached to them we would never cull our animals and would lose money and have a bunch of inbred cattle. My dog is just like my cows an employee. If at any point that employee does not perform they are fired (KILLED if a dog or sent to the slaughter house if they are a cow).
You are just an animal too, just have a thought process and opposable thumb. The more people I meet the more I like dogs.

Just because James Herriot was brought up and I liked this paragraph ... an old horseman saying goodbye to a big old workhorse that was being put down for tetanus:

"Many's the thousand miles I've walked after you, awd lad, and many's the talk we've had together. But I didn't have to say much to tha, did I? I reckon you knew every move I made, everything I said. Just one little word and you always did what ah wanted you to do."

I like the whole thing, but particularly the bold bit

jedstivers":363gebuv said:
The more people I meet the more I like dogs.

Ain't that the truth. People - including your spouse - are moody and demanding at times. A dog exhibits unconditional love and loyalty to the fullest degree. If ypu don't believe me, lock your spouse and your dog in the car trunk for an hour or so on a hot July day and see which one licks you when you let them out. A good dog rocks! JMO

hillsdown, thank you for sharing Steffi's picture. What a sweet girl. I'm so sorry for your loss.

"If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to heaven and bring you home again."

chippie":3m3ngag9 said:
hillsdown, thank you for sharing Steffi's picture. What a sweet girl. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Very nice.! :clap:

chippie":2t38etwq said:

That is beautiful, thank you...

hillsdown":2ncq2lok said:
chippie":2ncq2lok said:

That is beautiful, thank you...

Ditto that. :clap: :clap:

Latest posts