Need some help!! - Favorite songs

Help Support CattleToday:

Bullbuyer":5he2gqa0 said:
How about hirin' me, Crowder, paint, flaboy and some other friends to scrub off a few tunes for the blessed event? We ain't much to look at but we clean up pretty good.
Course we ain't cheap - travel expenses is rough.
I'm ready to do a wedding. The "Crowder Quartet" is ready to roll. Bullbiter, Flatoy,Paint Saddle up, we're fixin to head to Mo. :shock:

Are there gonna be any good lookin' women there???

Crowder wrote: Are there gonna be any good lookin' women there???

I think she's fraid to answer that question cause you're idea of "good lookin' women" ain't exactly the same as some others. :lol:

Now if you had asked for "Rotumbo" women..................

Hearing the song "Keeper of the Stars" makes me queasy..

See, bridezilla and I had "Keeper of the Stars" playing while we lit the unity candle.. I had argued against it, because I thought it was pretty stupid to play a 3 minute song as the backdrop of a 15 second action, but she insisted. The song began, we lit the candle, and then stood there like idiots for about 2m45s, watching a fricken candle burn.. Pretty nerve wracking.

It's also worth mentioning that the preacher we'd originally selected had a heart attack a few days prior and couldn't do the ceremony, and that the last-minute substitute had never done a wedding before. As it happened, he peppered the ceremony with the words "perverions," "adultery," and "hell," and spoke at length about "keeping the marriage bed clean."

I thought standing in front of a rather large gathering of people, watching a candle burn, was embarrassing.. Well, let me assure you that you don't know what embarrassment is until you've stood in front of those same people and had a worked up preacher give you a tongue lashing against being whores and perverted deviants..

Not so enchanting.

On the upside, it did rain that day, which flooded large parts of the state and prevented a bunch of my family from witnessing the atrocity. That's good, I guess? :lol:

Shortly after the wedding, the preacher who did the ceremony got divorced and lost all faith in religion.. It was the first and last wedding he ever performed, and I'm pretty sure he's an alcoholic now. When he got divorced, there began some speculation as to whether or not he had used our wedding ceremony to address own wife that day.. It made good sense to me, honestly.

I probably don't even need to say that our marriage was an absolute disaster, and that I divorced bridezilla barely more than a year later... :D :clap:

Just the other day, for the first time in I dunno how long, I heard the song -- well, part of the song -- "Keeper of the Stars." I'm pretty sure all the blood drained out of my head immediately.. I turned it off real quick since I was on my way to pick up some lunch, but I still came a cat's hair of losing my appetite. :( :lol:

Crowderfarms":28dmwk16 said:
Bullbuyer":28dmwk16 said:
How about hirin' me, Crowder, paint, flaboy and some other friends to scrub off a few tunes for the blessed event? We ain't much to look at but we clean up pretty good.
I'm ready to do a wedding. The "Crowder Quartet" is ready to roll. Bullbiter, Flatoy,Paint Saddle up, we're fixin to head to Mo. :shock:

Did anybody send her a copy of our last CD "Isn't it sad when cousins mate?" It was sure a big seller up here - seems as though everyone could relate or maybe that was everyone was related? I'm not sure about that...

cmjust0":1e9et94y said:

See, bridezilla and I had "Keeper of the Stars" playing while we lit the unity candle.. I had argued against it, because I thought it was pretty stupid to play a 3 minute song as the backdrop of a 15 second action, but she insisted. The song began, we lit the candle, and then stood there like idiots for about 2m45s, watching a fricken candle burn.. Pretty nerve wracking.

It's also worth mentioning that the preacher we'd originally selected had a heart attack a few days prior and couldn't do the ceremony, and that the last-minute substitute had never done a wedding before. As it happened, he peppered the ceremony with the words "perverions," "adultery," and "be nice," and spoke at length about "keeping the marriage bed clean."

I thought standing in front of a rather large gathering of people, watching a candle burn, was embarrassing.. Well, let me assure you that you don't know what embarrassment is until you've stood in front of those same people and had a worked up preacher give you a tongue lashing against being whores and perverted deviants..

Not so enchanting.

On the upside, it did rain that day, which flooded large parts of the state and prevented a bunch of my family from witnessing the atrocity. That's good, I guess? :lol:

Shortly after the wedding, the preacher who did the ceremony got divorced and lost all faith in religion.. It was the first and last wedding he ever performed, and I'm pretty sure he's an alcoholic now. When he got divorced, there began some speculation as to whether or not he had used our wedding ceremony to address own wife that day.. It made good sense to me, honestly.

I probably don't even need to say that our marriage was an absolute disaster, and that I divorced bridezilla barely more than a year later... :D :clap:

Just the other day, for the first time in I dunno how long, I heard the song -- well, part of the song -- "Keeper of the Stars." I'm pretty sure all the blood drained out of my head immediately.. I turned it off real quick since I was on my way to pick up some lunch, but I still came a cat's hair of losing my appetite. :( :lol:

Oh, Sweet Lord, that's quite a story. I can't top it without lying.
Smarter folk than I have said "It's only dirty if you're doing it right."
:lol:

Crowderfarms":251eztw6 said:
Bullbuyer":251eztw6 said:

Saddled up and ready to ride! :p

cmjust0":3ivzyvyz said:

It's also worth mentioning that the preacher we'd originally selected had a heart attack a few days prior and couldn't do the ceremony, and that the last-minute substitute had never done a wedding before. As it happened, he peppered the ceremony with the words "perverions," "adultery," and "be nice," and spoke at length about "keeping the marriage bed clean."

Not so enchanting.

Dang, cm, talk about a star-crossed marriage! :shock: :shock: :(

I got a Montana bull. Does that make me kin at this wedding?

Songs not to play;

Don't Stand So Close to Me
I got a brand new girlfriend
Not ready to make nice (Dixie Chicks)
Should've known better
Where did you sleep last night
The End (Doors)
Pretend It's Your First Time
Last Chance to Turn Around - Roy Orbison
We Got to Get you a Woman

john250":2ikd2d9x said:

msscamp":2ikd2d9x said:
Dang, cm, talk about a star-crossed marriage!

Usually people ask "Didn't you see the signs?!??"

I think we both did, but we'd already booked a caterer and invited people and so on, so.... :lol: :oops:

That's why I'm going to encourage my kids -- if I ever have any -- to just run off and get married without even telling anybody.. When you tell people, it's hard to go back.. If you don't tell anybody at all, you could come to your senses in the 24hr chapel parking lot and nobody would be the wiser. :lol:

cmjust0":2oyzqb50 said:
john250":2oyzqb50 said:

msscamp":2oyzqb50 said:
Dang, cm, talk about a star-crossed marriage!

Usually people ask "Didn't you see the signs?!??"

I think we both did, but we'd already booked a caterer and invited people and so on, so.... :lol: :oops:

That's why I'm going to encourage my kids -- if I ever have any -- to just run off and get married without even telling anybody.. When you tell people, it's hard to go back.. If you don't tell anybody at all, you could come to your senses in the 24hr chapel parking lot and nobody would be the wiser. :lol:

For what it's worth, I think seeing them and recognizing them for what they are tend to be two very different things in this situation. I don't blame you, and I agree, but I tend to be more than a little cynical about the love and marriage thing.

Crowder, I guess beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. You'll just have to come see for yourself. You southern fellas have charm so I really doubt you'd have to dance by yourself.

Thanks for all the song suggestions!!!

Oh, and MikeC - did you play that song at your wedding :) ?

MoGal":2iktysrz said:
You southern fellas have charm so I really doubt you'd have to dance by yourself.

My head's just swelled the size of a Piano. Guess that means I'm invited?

There may be a Woman with me that says she's my Wife. Don't believe her. She tells everybody that. :roll:

I'm not sure of the title.
"First time I saw your face" I think done by R. Flack?
Would fit into most weddings even country.

Why sure Crowder you can come - and its blue jean attire....

Anyone else have some song suggestions?

Latest posts