Need some help!! - Favorite songs

Help Support CattleToday:

MoGal

Reaction score
The wedding is 19 days away and since this board seems to be pretty much in the age group of 40 to 70 years, what are some of your favorites?? that I could play at my wedding reception that people would enjoy dancing to or even just listening to.

Your help is greatly appreciated. If you don't know who sings I can do a search by song title.

Don't quite fall in the age bracket. Just a mere youth. But I'll answer anyway. Don Williams and Micheal Martin Murphy have several nice songs that would be appropriate at a wedding.

Patty Page "The tennesee waltz". Good for belly rubbing dancing but maybe not suitable for a wedding

Anything by ZZ Top and Stevie Ray Vaughn...and early Van Halen.

As Dun said, maybe not suitable for a wedding reception, but hey, no accounting for taste, or lack thereof, I suppose.

Alice

"I Saw Her Standing There"- The Beatles. "Louie Louie"- The Kingsmen. "Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon"-Neil Diamond. Whoa- momma's ringing the dinner bell. I'm outta here.

Most weddings I've been to have people from very young to very old and everything in between. I would try to have a DJ or band that can play a little something for everyone. The songs themselves don't matter as much as the style of music IMHO.

"Keeper of the Stars" by Tracy Byrd is a good first dance song for the bride and groom. Wife and my first dance was to "Unchained Melody" by the Righteous Brothers.

john250":18uarzx6 said:
Well, ya gotta have the "chicken dance". Beyond that, "wedding planner" isn't in my job description. But best wishes to you.

OK, I'm checking the hard drive and I've got one. George Strait. "Living and Living Well"

Lay Lady Lay. Bob Dylan
"His clothes are dirty
but his hands are clean
And you're the best thing that he's
ever seen.

Congrats or Condolences whichever the case may be on this auspicious occasion!!! ;-)

Superfreak-Rick James
Brickhouse-Dazz
3 Times a Lady-Commodores
Da Roof Da Roof Da Roof is on fire! Burn Motherf@@r Burn!-cant remember this particular artist. ;-)

"Girls,Girls,Girls": by Motley Crue

"Lets chase each other round the room tonite" by Merle Haggard

"Midnite Rodeo" By I cant remember :roll: T.G. Sheppard?

Just hire one of those DJ's. They have thousands of digital recordings, re-recordings. They can play just about anything you can imagine. Their fees are reasonable too. You'd be surprised at the granma's who sneak off up there to talk to the dj and the next thing you know all the granma's have the grandaddy's out on the floor. When the kids see grandaddy jitterbugging and their parent's say, "I never knew he could dance like that...." You'll be glad you got that DJ. The DJ will also have the chicken dance for all the little kids and everything in between. They play weddings and such every week.

MoGal":34vgjr4a said:
The wedding is 19 days away and since this board seems to be pretty much in the age group of 40 to 70 years, what are some of your favorites?? that I could play at my wedding reception that people would enjoy dancing to or even just listening to.

Your help is greatly appreciated. If you don't know who sings I can do a search by song title.

BTW, ya looking for one song for a "wedding dance" or a 3 hr playlist for the reception??
A buddy of mine is a dj. Not close to Mo, sorry. But he sure knows how to keep em dancin'. He gets $3-400 depending. Friends dance cheaper. But those guys earn the money. Do you really want to fret about the playlist?

I walked down the aisle to Tracy Byrd's "Keeper of the Stars" and our first dance was to Chris LeDoux's "Look at You Girl"...could not have asked for better!!! :D :D :D

If my memory serves me correctly our song was "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" or maybe that came later!!

"I Love You Because" as sung by Jim Reeves
"Love is a Many Splendored Thing" The Four Aces
"Young and Beautiful" Elvis Presley
"I Walk The Line" Johnny Cash

Latest posts