Need Remedy For Cold Cracks

Help Support CattleToday:

Every morning, before I put on socks, my feet get coated with lotion. Its great for summer heat and for dry winter too.

Bag balm is great for the splits. Corn Husker's lotion is great too.

warpaint":2r3bh3wd said:
Lammie":2r3bh3wd said:
Bag balm on the feet with socks on at night. And this may sound strange, but go get you a pedicure every couple weeks in the winter. The kind of bag balm we use comes in the green tin. Mostly lanolin, I think. It's good on hands, too, but only at night.

I don't get the cracked feet till summer when I start wearing sandles. My hub gets a pedicure every now and then and it really helps. He was against it until he started going. He looks great sitting in that chair with his britches legs hiked up wearing his bib alls.

Pics Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

Just wait. I am getting him a gift certificate for a stocking stuffer. It's like Larry the Cable Guy gets a pedicure.

Watkins products has Petro-Carbo. It works great for that kind of thing. I sell it if you can't find a dealer in your area.

Brahma Bull":3615y2to said:
Anyone tell me a remedy for those little cold cracks you get on your fingers and back of your heals..Have tried lot of things but haven't found anything that prevents them or speeds up the healing.Another reason why I hate cold weather.They hurt like thunder when you bump your finger or when walking,putting on your boots.Never get them in hot weather.

Those cracks are caused by chapping. Put a good coating of vaseline on your hands and feet, then put socks on both before you go to bed. The vaseline will seal in the moisture, and the socks will keep your hands and feet warm, allowing the vaseline to work better(and keep it off your sheets). During the daytime, get a bottle of Vaseline Intensive Care Total Moisture (it's non-greasy) and use it every time you wash your hands.

Sometimes it's amazing all the things you use on cattle and horses will also work on humans too.Yeah that might bring a few thoughts out of the woodpile.As Earl on TSC commerical says "that's more information than I need to know".A friend told me his best physician for his medical problems and aches & pains was his vet.

Brahma Bull":nn6dv317 said:
Anyone tell me a remedy for those little cold cracks you get on your fingers and back of your heals..Have tried lot of things but haven't found anything that prevents them or speeds up the healing.Another reason why I hate cold weather.They hurt like thunder when you bump your finger or when walking,putting on your boots.Never get them in hot weather.

This is what works for me: Neosporin antiseptic cream with pain reliever. Put it on the cold cracks, wrap with a bandaid, before going to bed. Takes care of the pain, and heals it too.

Try applying the vaseline or bag balm products right after your shower. We used to grease up the patients at our nursing home after their shower. Worked well.

Tod Dague":3lfxulqo said:
Try applying the vaseline or bag balm products right after your shower. We used to grease up the patients at our nursing home after their shower. Worked well.

That is about what we all need... something nursing home patients get....

Limomike":3m433zw1 said:
Tod Dague":3m433zw1 said:

That is about what we all need... something nursing home patients get....
The elderly have the most fragile skinyou can find and it works for them. ;-)

quote]The elderly have the most fragile skinyou can find and it works for them. ;-)[/quote

Boy Tod you have spoken the truth here. Seems like anymore I can just point at something and skin my finger.I think when you get older your hide gets thinner.

Cal

This one is easy.....

Vasoline.

It's cheap, easy to find, and should be used liberally.

Rub it in at night, rub it in in the mornings, and rub it in every time you wash your hands. It will put the oil back into them.

I'm a cracker myself and have tried it all. They crack, they bleed, and they hurt like he$$. This will solve it all.

Takes about 2 weeks for you to really see the difference but it works.

fit2btied":ksommca9 said:
If used faithfully, like every night for a couple weeks, I've had good results with Vicks Vap-O-Rub on my feet.

Does it keep your feet from catching cold?

Cornhuskers hand lotion does wonders.....miricle lotion in a bottle. Whoever invented Cornhuskers and Lucas oil conditioner should be contracted to find a cure for cancer.......

dun":m63kovz9 said:
fit2btied":m63kovz9 said:
If used faithfully, like every night for a couple weeks, I've had good results with Vicks Vap-O-Rub on my feet.

Does it keep your feet from catching cold?
It must. I can't remember the last time my toes sneezed! Course, my memory ain't much these days.

Latest posts