Need gift ideas for young men

Help Support CattleToday:

fenceman":1cks160y said:
Young women. :cowboy:
Seriously I think the best gift dad ever got me was the lifetime hunting fishing license.https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/outd ... e-licenses

Maybe a little pricey, take some off the cash gift. They will remember you every year they don't have to buy one, for the rest of their lives.

I agree! They sure have gone up on them however! I think that's just wrong too!

tater74":1iydwhoz said:
How about some personal of yours? Could mean a lot to them.
Thats actually a really good idea. One of my buddies was talking about this to me the other day. His grandfather owns a lot of land and cattle and also butchers cattle for other people. He has used the same 22 rifle to kill beefs for as long as my buddy has been alive and at 87 is still using it. My buddy said he wanted the rifle more than anything else his grandfather could ever give him. More than the land, cattle or equipment. He said when I see that rifle it will remind me of all the good times we spent working together. Maybe you have something like that rifle that would me a great deal to your grandsons.

Some really good ideas above. (Ok, not the snuff one).
I like the idea of passing on something personal--doesn't have to be pricey. Or maybe put together a small scrapbook or photo album with some old family pics. Or family recipes. I also liked the idea of some self-sufficiency homemaking stuff. What about a nice soup pot--in it, some dried beans and/or dehydrated vegs (or home canning if you have it) and seasonings, and a hand-written recipe (or a few) for some favorite soups?

And what's wrong with the snuff? Well I guess they could spit it on you or something. :D
These are young men, give them something to have fun with.

Make something for them with your own hands. Doesn't have to be anything special--just something from you--of you.

(btw--Playboy has announced they will no longer have nekkid wimmen in the magazine)

Son of Butch":36y6rr7w said:
slick4591":36y6rr7w said:
Neither wanted college so they hit the bricks and are making it on their own.
Young men need help becoming domesticated. Housewares. Cheap set of dishes, so they'll have some clean ones when needed
to impress the girls. Big thick bath towels, for comfort after showering. Crock pot, frying pan, panini sandwich maker or
large pot and colander for making spaghetti, so they don't end up living on cold cereal, Doritos and Mountain Dew. Flatware, silverware or steak knives. Young men can find enough fun things on their own. Get 'em a coffee maker, so Gramps can have a cup or 2 when he comes to visit and bring the doughnuts to share with them when visiting.

This is good advice.

Toad":249ovx7b said:
:banana: A years subscription to playboy :hide:
Send me a big box with postage and I will send you a bunch of old ones!

A good pair of gloves....... huntin' or just for wearing.

Still haven't decided and I know I'm wasting time. The young one stays on the road a lot and he camps with a great grandma when he's in town. The oldest had already set up a home when he met his girlfriend and they combined households. What they didn't have they got as house warming gifts when they moved into a new home.

The jerky or gloves is sounding like pretty good ideas.

fenceman":36c9xxnb said:
Young women. :cowboy:
Seriously I think the best gift dad ever got me was the lifetime hunting fishing license.https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/outd ... e-licenses

Maybe a little pricey, take some off the cash gift. They will remember you every year they don't have to buy one, for the rest of their lives.

Great idea! I am gonna tuck this idea away for my boys. Thanks for posting.

Make a video of yourself telling them how much they mean to you, how proud you are of them. Tell stories about some of the good times you've had together, things that happened or that you thought when they were born or very young, retell family history, anything really as long as it is you. Put it on CDs. Put a few copies away for them in case they don't quite appreciate yet and don't treasure theirs right now. Make some that you don't give them now, with instructions to give to them when you are gone.

Luca Brasi":3mvxxsha said:
Make a video of yourself telling them how much they mean to you, how proud you are of them. Tell stories about some of the good times you've had together, things that happened or that you thought when they were born or very young, retell family history, anything really as long as it is you. Put it on CDs. Put a few copies away for them in case they don't quite appreciate yet and don't treasure theirs right now. Make some that you don't give them now, with instructions to give to them when you are gone.

Great idea!

Son of Butch":2a78xro2 said:
..............so they don't end up living on cold cereal, Doritos and Mountain Dew.
:roll:
Sounds like a good way to upset the whole space/time continuum thing and it's what's wrong with 'Merica today--too many tryin' to turn men into women.
Slick--buy 'em both a new single bit ax--half the young guys I know don't have one or know how to use it without cutting their dang foot off.

greybeard":3u0y76zo said:
Make something for them with your own hands. Doesn't have to be anything special--just something from you--of you.

(btw--Playboy has announced they will no longer have nekkid wimmen in the magazine)

What say it ain't so no more girls in their birthday suits in Playboy? Sad news :???: :( :cry: :cry2:

Latest posts