Need gift ideas for young men

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591

Reaction score
I'm toast. This year I can't find a good present for the grandsons. I always give them money as their big gift but have a $20-$25 gift for them to unwrap. This year it's nada on the gift. They are 18 and 21 and both are a bit on the redneck side. I've given knives and flashlights kinda stuff in the past. This year I'd like to be a little more unique. Suggestion please.

If they dipped that would be to easy. Neither wanted college so they hit the bricks and are making it on their own. The oldest is driving a truck and the youngest is currently working out of state. No cattle for them as they are both living in the city at the moment. Interests include muddin' , but nothing there seems to fit the money criteria.

I do the same thing with my nephews (21 & 22). Couple years ago I got them each a pound of jelly doughnut flavored fudge - it's awesome, tastes just like the real thing, definitely something they wouldn't buy for themselves and now they expect it, providing not so subtle hints at least a month in advance. And yeah, the requisite hat of their favorite sports team (OU & K-State).

Guns always make a great gift. And last forever.

I know you said you've given them flashlights before but have you seen the Slyde lights? One of the best flashlights I've ever owned. Its a flashlight but slides out to be a fluorescent light. It has a strong magnet on its base so if you had to work on an engine or something it will stick to the metal and its like daylight. Here is a link. I can get them for $20 so this link is priced higher than you can find them.

https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinf ... eBaseChild

I haven't seen that light, Jo. Pretty cool. I was doing the Google thing and this popped up. My only thing with it is if they'll buy replacement blades. Comments?

slick4591":1aoqmfo9 said:
Neither wanted college so they hit the bricks and are making it on their own.
Young men need help becoming domesticated. Housewares. Cheap set of dishes, so they'll have some clean ones when needed
to impress the girls. Big thick bath towels, for comfort after showering. Crock pot, frying pan, panini sandwich maker or
large pot and colander for making spaghetti, so they don't end up living on cold cereal, Doritos and Mountain Dew. Flatware, silverware or steak knives. Young men can find enough fun things on their own. Get 'em a coffee maker, so Gramps can have a cup or 2 when he comes to visit and bring the doughnuts to share with them when visiting.

Just a little over your budget but a Leatherman or Gerber multi tool would be nice.

slick4591":1yms6qu2 said:
I'm toast. This year I can't find a good present for the grandsons. I always give them money as their big gift but have a $20-$25 gift for them to unwrap. This year it's nada on the gift. They are 18 and 21 and both are a bit on the redneck side. I've given knives and flashlights kinda stuff in the past. This year I'd like to be a little more unique. Suggestion please.

Give them a gift card to the local massage parlor.

Wrap up a gift card from their favorite store in a big box. They will be thrilled when they open it!

I always liked a getting a good pair of insulated gloves or a pair of deer skin gloves

Latest posts