Natural Gas Wells Info.

Help Support CattleToday:

Brute 23":jsamju2n said:
Barnet Shale is old news already... Lousianna is the big deal right now. ;-) Companies were pulling out of there and selling off leases to go to LA.

No kidding? Are you driving though here frequently? Are my eyes deceiving me? You are hearing all that hoopla on the "Bossier Shale"? It is not paying me 1/4 of what Barnett is.

The Harrison County hit on the Haynesville shale is pretty darn significant. We'll see how well it pays. Soon.

:D Yes we will.

This is what we deal with on a daily basis. Every Tom, Dick and Harry with a well on their place all the sudden becomes and expert on the oil field once that first check rolls in. Then they want to start telling the O&G companies how to do it. :roll:

How does that saying go backhoe... "Only thing that grows cattle better than GRASS... is OIL and GAS." :)

Brute 23":2xdyyt40 said:
Its funny now though because the people in that area are starting to set their standards pretty high. Have another well not far from the ones that were making all that oil and it was producing about 2 mil, choked back, and 100 bar. of oil a day (still a good pay check). But I talked to the land owner and he was like, "well I guess these aren't like the ones across the road huh? some people just have all the luckm, going on and on about it."  He has like 3 wells make 2mil gas each, around 100 bl. of oil each and still complaining they didn't turn out like the others. :eek:  It blow my mind because there are people who would kill to have one well that produces half of what his do. Kind of make me sick...  :(  :)
Know the feeling well,  :lol:  Would have had to keep a paycheck job if Mom and Dad had 3 kids instead of two....... If I'd been an only, I could have all shiny new equipment.  :)  If I could get these cattle to start pulling their own way it would be as nice too. :nod: If a frog had wings.......... :roll:

Who knows brute? Grandaddy was in the oil field. He worked at Spindletop before moving to northeast Texas. Daddy was in the oil field most of his life. I only worked on rigs to fill in back in the late 70's. A weekend warrior. Nothing is the same now.

The questioned levied pertained to Barnett and I answered as best as I could and stated I was not a petro engineer. Got a cousin who is. Got another cousin who is deep in the business. Multi-millionaire now. Got a bro-in-law petro attorney. It doesn't make me know anything more than the next guy. Everything is just hearsay.

What is sure is that the gas companies want to get the most they can and give you the least. Everyone in between wants a cut.

I just left the pasture checking on a new born calf. You can see six rigs drilling from that pasture. So if Barnett is dead, someone forgot to tell those rigs.

Brute, greed can come into play with all parties involved. A friend was recently offered $2,250 an acre bonus money on an 18 month lease and 25% royalty....this was the best offer anyone in his county had ever had and was on about 66 acres. He turned it down.....next offer was a flat $10,000 bonus and 22% royalty....take it or leave it. Cost him $138,500 and he still doesn't have a lease and all the land around him is leased to the same company that made him the offer.

backhoeboogie":1hcl31ah said:
1982vett":1hcl31ah said:
One thing about the old depleted fields,  the easy money and oil have been made.  Doesn't mean their isn't oil that one day will be economical to go after. 
A friend of mine (I do have one) was injecting and flushing out of the sands on an old field he took.  A lot of work but profit is there.  He needed new injection wells because of channeling.  The drillers messed up and had to go deeper.  They hit a new pool.  Each of the new wells were taking around 65 barrels a day.  That was when the prices were really good.  He had managed 7 wells with the RRC.  Do that math.
Some just can't screw up right. Here's proof you can make a silk purse out of a sows ear. :D

backhoeboogie":1ms2xxa6 said:
Who knows brute? Grandaddy was in the oil field. He worked at Spindletop before moving to northeast Texas. Daddy was in the oil field most of his life. I only worked on rigs to fill in back in the late 70's. A weekend warrior. Nothing is the same now.

The questioned levied pertained to Barnett and I answered as best as I could and stated I was not a petro engineer. Got a cousin who is. Got another cousin who is deep in the business. Multi-millionaire now. Got a bro-in-law petro attorney. It doesn't make me know anything more than the next guy. Everything is just hearsay.

What is sure is that the gas companies want to get the most they can and give you the least. Everyone in between wants a cut.

I just left the pasture checking on a new born calf. You can see six rigs drilling from that pasture. So if Barnett is dead, someone forgot to tell those rigs.

Not in the Barnett Shale but go over and drive thru Limestone, Freestone and Franklin Counties. Some of the highest producing wells in the world are over there (30 million cubic feet per day) drilling like crazy and leases waiting on rigs.

Also still about 40-50 drilling applications filed each day for Barnett Shale counties as well. A lot of talk being down about the Haynesville Shale over in NE Texas and Louisiana but don't know if they've enough wells to really know exactly what they've got over there. Evidently the O&G companies think it's going to be a big hit.

No one said the Barnet Shale was dead, just not the latest and greatest any more. As said above, they haven't really gotten a hold of what is in LA. I forgot how many times greater they said that zone was than the Barnet Shale.

Its not right to tell some guy who is approached by a company about re-entering some wells to ask for what yall are getting in the Barnet Shale, or any where else really. THey need to get with an O&G attourney in that area and see what the going rate is for some thing like that.

I don't care where it comes from... as long long as it comes from the US. :D

Brute 23":xfxoro0t said:
No one said the Barnet Shale was dead, just not the latest and greatest any more. As said above, they haven't really gotten a hold of what is in LA. I forgot how many times greater they said that zone was than the Barnet Shale.

Its not right to tell some guy who is approached by a company about re-entering some wells to ask for what yall are getting in the Barnet Shale, or any where else really. THey need to get with an O&G attourney in that area and see what the going rate is for some thing like that.

I don't care where it comes from... as long long as it comes from the US. :D

I won't even talk to an O&G co. rep anymore. Just give him my attorney's name and phone number.

TexasBred":dqk8n32e said:
I won't even talk to an O&G co. rep anymore. Just give him my attorney's name and phone number.

You miss out on all the fun? Those bloodsuckers love to use the "time is of the essence" statement and they tell you they have rigs. So I always ask why can't we just do a 1 year lease and watch them crawfish. I stay calm and cool and they get all red faced over and over.

I still have one little piece that is not leased. When someone meets my terms and gives me my clauses, I'll sign. If they call me trying to get me to back down, I tell them I am thinking of upping the ante'.

The worst I have ever done is ask one if he'd like to confer with my grandson. (he's 2 years old)

backhoeboogie":315o2dkx said:
TexasBred":315o2dkx said:

You miss out on all the fun? Those bloodsuckers love to use the "time is of the essence" statement and they tell you they have rigs. So I always ask why can't we just do a 1 year lease and watch them crawfish. I stay calm and cool and they get all red faced over and over.

I still have one little piece that is not leased. When someone meets my terms and gives me my clauses, I'll sign. If they call me trying to get me to back down, I tell them I am thinking of upping the ante'.

The worst I have ever done is ask one if he'd like to confer with my grandson. (he's 2 years old)

Yup, :nod: I almost feel sorry for them every now and then. :lol2: They think we (public) are a bunch of idiots though.

Latest posts