National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum

Help Support CattleToday:

Craig Miller

Reaction score
Had a day to waste in between training classes in Oklahoma City. Went to the museum and was inpressed by it to say the least. It was a lot bigger than i expected and well worth the 12.50$ admission cost. They have a ton of cowboy, indian, and western movie memorabilia. All in great shape. They also have a great collection of western themed painting like you never seen. Hey dont take my word for it. Get off your butt and go see it.

20140618_113924_zpsd970d644.jpg

20140618_114036_zps5e08bce6.jpg

20140618_113822_zpsa4321e29.jpg

There were some areas you could take pictures and other areas where you could not. As far as museums go ive been to a bunch of them and this one is high falooten on the art side. So no pictures of that. The one painting i got a picture of was hanging in the calvary area, where it was allowed.

It's worth an afternoon of your life. When I was there, they had quite a bit from the Duke. I remember being impressed with some matched revolvers of his that were donated.

Sounds like a place I could spend several hours at I love a good museum. I recently went to the Stockyard and Texas Cowboy HOF in FTW very interesting. About a month ago went to the Texas History museum in Austin. A few other interesting ones I have gone to see the Rodeo HOF in Colorado, Focus on the Family also in Colorado was pretty interesting. Was in South Dakota went to a museum in Rapid City can't remember the name but was very interesting also went to Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse while I was there both very interesting.

wacocowboy":1gez2xnr said:
Sounds like a place I could spend several hours at I love a good museum. I recently went to the Stockyard and Texas Cowboy HOF in FTW very interesting. About a month ago went to the Texas History museum in Austin. A few other interesting ones I have gone to see the Rodeo HOF in Colorado, Focus on the Family also in Colorado was pretty interesting. Was in South Dakota went to a museum in Rapid City can't remember the name but was very interesting also went to Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse while I was there both very interesting.

And here i thought i was a world traveller. I have been wanti g to go to the stockyards. I plan to next time im in Fort Worth. Usually when im there i stay close by the hotel because of the traffic.

Commercialfarmer":1gez2xnr said:
It's worth an afternoon of your life. When I was there, they had quite a bit from the Duke. I remember being impressed with some matched revolvers of his that were donated.

They have a 15 ft case full of guns donated by the Wayne family.

wacocowboy":tuzo6zi8 said:

And here i thought i was a world traveller. I have been wanting to go to the stockyards. I plan to next time im in Fort Worth. Usually when im there i stay close by the hotel because of the traffic. Those others sound interesting. Ill check them out too if im those areas. Thank.

Commercialfarmer":tuzo6zi8 said:

They have a 15 ft case full of guns donated by the Wayne family.

Latest posts