National Bull Registries

Help Support CattleToday:

angus9259

Reaction score
I raise registered angus bulls that I sell private treaty.

I'm interested in crossing some of my registered cows with limo or simi genetics (which I've done commercially) and entering those bulls into our state bull test.

Here's a requirement of the bull test . . . "Bulls must be registered or recorded with a national breed association".

I know I couldn't get these crosses registered in the AAA, but I'm wondering if they would be registerable as lim-flex or 1/2 simmi if I used full blood registered bull semen?

Can't speak for limi or simmental, but I know for a fact the Gelbvieh association would, so I would assume the other would as well. You would have to join that particular association in order to register any calves out of your Anugs cows.

I have a handful of registered Angus cows that I breed Gelbvieh, and then register as Balancers with the Gelbvieh association.

Contact North American Limousin for information on how to register limflex. They can be 25 to 75 precent either angus or limousin. It will cost you a 100.00 dollars a year to be a member of NALF but will cut registration costs enough to pay you back the 100.00 dollara.