Name of Cattle Companys

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
Hello i am wanting to name my company Double B cattle company. got good reasons for wanting the name but looked on internet and found a couple different ones already named that. there is a inc. and also a llc. is there anyway to keep this name? is there a place where i need to set up company name besides becoming an LLC?

double_B_ranch":hsh31o4u said:
Hello i am wanting to name my company Double B cattle company. got good reasons for wanting the name but looked on internet and found a couple different ones already named that. there is a inc. and also a llc. is there anyway to keep this name? is there a place where i need to set up company name besides becoming an LLC?
I think you need an attorney for this. I know a few Double B's as well...most are just dba's

thank you for your reply. guess my biggest question was just because someone else has the name double B am i still legally allowed to use the name or do i have to change it somehow. I'm thinking an easy way of doing this would be just to call it Double B Ranch & Cattle Company. i guess names don't have that much to do with it but i like the name and would like to stick with it guess im just hard headed that way.

Anyone else have any ideas on this? Maybe had same problems or know someone that did?

Thank you

double_B_ranch":1mxhci9e said:
thank you for your reply. guess my biggest question was just because someone else has the name double B am i still legally allowed to use the name or do i have to change it somehow. I'm thinking an easy way of doing this would be just to call it Double B Ranch & Cattle Company. i guess names don't have that much to do with it but i like the name and would like to stick with it guess im just hard headed that way.

Anyone else have any ideas on this? Maybe had same problems or know someone that did?

Thank you
You can register a Business name with the state or county in most areas just because someone else has one on the internet doesn't mean anything
check with your local gov't and see if that name has been registered in your state or county alot of business never register there name

also check with you state brand association and see if the brand has been registered if not register it for yourself and nobody can dispute it

Both the corporation and the LLC could possibly force you to stop using their name as it's already legally registered to them. If they felt you had been making a profit off your use of their name they could possibly recover damages. :(

gimpyrancher":k30zf8zh said:
Both the corporation and the LLC could possibly force you to stop using their name as it's already legally registered to them. If they felt you had been making a profit off your use of their name they could possibly recover damages. :(
That depends if they are registered in His state or not and or they have trademarked the name
if not I think it would be a hard fought battle for them to win
I have an LLC registered in Missouri it is not viable in any other state but Missouri
you could start a business with the same name in your state and there is nothing I can do about it

It only requires a claim that it is interfering in your business. Cease and Desist orders are expensive to defend. If the established business is viable and the new venture is started on a shoestring, it's not a wise business practice to set yourself up for failure through legal expenses. You might win the battle in the end, but loose your business. Legal fights are rarely cheap or about right and wrong. Todays cattle business is far better off if they don't require lawyers. Then again, you could be right. I just hope being right is enough. Know what I mean? :oops:

Latest posts